Chapter 25; A Dragon's & Princess' War

~A Dragon's and Princess' War~

Song; Radioactive in the Dark

I love to hear from everyone in the comments! It makes me so happy to hear from all of my readers and I love talking to you all! 🙃

Smoke curled and rose up to meet the dark sky. The smell of burnt flesh sickeningly coated the air. The horrific sound of agony filled screaming washed over the battlefield. The screaming belonged to Lucy Heartfilia. Who was curled up on the ground, her hands hovering over her injured leg that Jackal had destroyed.

The Curse had torn her calf muscles to shreds and had completely demolished the bones located in her right leg. Blood bubbled and poured from her leg in horrible bursts. Lucy's eyes were wild with pain. Her brain was sending warning signals to the rest of her body. Ordering her to repair the damage before the wound took her life. But she could not carry out the order. She was in too much pain. She could not even touch the wound it hurt so bad.

Then Jackal gripped the wound roughly with his clawed hand. Lucy threw back her head as a fresh wave of raw pain overtook her. Her screams cut off to silent ones as Jackal squeezed harder. "Hurts right?!" Jackal laughed, overjoyed at her pain. "Oh! Your face! You should see what a wonderful expression you have right now!" The Demon crowed, his eyes glittering.

The wound pulsed and burned underneath Jackal's hand. Tears streamed down Lucy's face and she let out a moan. Then her world flashed a blinding white when Jackal buried his claws into her blazing wound. Lucy's mouth dropped open as black and white dots assaulted her eyes.
The pain was too much.
She was going to die.

Lucy cried out again and again and Jackal's awful laugher joined in with her cries. "What should I blow up next, huh?" The Demon asked, madness in his voice. "Ah!" Jackal's other hand began to glow as he thought up another body part to destroy. "How 'bout I-" Jackal let out a howl of pain and jerked back.

The Demon's hand flashed to his stomach and one of his eyebrows rose up. He let out a chuckle which turned into a full bellow of laugher. One of Lucy's golden throwing knives was lodged into his gut. "Y-you stabbed me...?" Jackal asked around his gleeful fit. She had actually stabbed him!

Jackal put a clawed hand to his forehead as he calmed himself down enough to look down at her. "I'm surprised, Princess." He said, bending down and burying his clawed hand into her hair. "Not necessarily impressed," he added, jerking her up by her hair painfully. Lucy's face contorted as the action caused needles to stab into her skull. She gritted her teeth as Jackal's words floated into her mind.

"But I am quite shocked." The Demon smiled, showing off his triangle like fangs that could easily tear her head off. "It's hard to land a blow on me." He boasted, bringing Lucy up higher so they were nose to nose, making Lucy's feet hover above the ground. "Thanks for the fun times," he said, bringing up his free hand, claws glistening underneath the moon's light. "Goodbye!" He hummed cheerfully, cocking back his arm, a crazed smile on his face.

Lucy's tired eyes fluttered and Jackal's form blurred. She blinked slowly and then she saw it. A shadow slipped up behind Jackal, who didn't see nor sense the threat. The shadow's eyes glowed a bloody red and its fangs flashed. Time slowed for Lucy as Jackal's claws came flying down towards her.

The shadow's hand flashed forward and clamped down on Jackal's wrist, stopping his claws from slicing Lucy's throat. Jackal's eyes narrowed in anger as he looked over his shoulder to see who had dared to stop him.