Chapter 21; A Dragon Never Truly Leaves

~A Dragon Never Truly Leaves~

Song; Gravity of Love

~I love to read comments from everyone telling how they felt and what's on their mind about these chapters. It makes me so happy and gives me more courage to write when I hear from you all~

Lucy never thought she would be doing this. Never in a million years would she ever have imagined herself doing this. Doing something so...vile...evil...necessary. Lucy never thought she was about to poison someone. About to kill someone.

But, her she was. Pouring the transparent killing liquid into a glass filled with red wine. Red wine that was about to trickle down someone's throat. Red wine filled with the most violent of poisons.

Atropa belladonna;
Deadly Nightshade

Evil.
Cruel.
Necessary.

Lucy Heartfilia was going to kill Mard Geer.

On their wedding day. Lucy stared down at the wine with leached brown eyes. It was strange. Her hand that held the small, empty vile that once held the poison, was still as a statue. Her heart lay dormant in her chest, beating normally. Calmly. Lucy Heartfilia was scarily untroubled.

She knew something was wrong with her. She knew she should be curled up somewhere crying, shaking, heartbroken...Anything but calm and collected. Shattered and broken? Yes. Pouring a deadly liquid into her fiancé's drink? No.

Lucy looked slowly up into a large mirror hanging above her desk. Her reflection showed her the fancy wedding dress she wore. White silk engulfed her body and extravagant designs were embroidered into the fabric. Her shoulders were bare but her arms were once again concealed by white gloves. Lucy brought her hand that had her Fairy Tail Mark to her chest.

She wondered if Natsu and his Nest Mates had made it to Fairy Tail by now. She wondered what he was saying about her to his family. Perhaps he was telling them about her betrayal, the broken trust, and her fake kindness. Lucy closed her eyes while releasing a shuddering breath. This time she would not be frail.
She would not taste the bitterness of failure. She would not be defeated.

"Lu-chan?" Lucy slid open her eyes and stared at Levy's reflection in the mirror. "A-are you ready?" Her friend's voice quivered and shook. As if she were the one who was going to lose her freedom. Her home.
Her everything. Lucy looked away from her friend's watering eyes. Instead she chose to look out her window at the slowly setting sun.

After a few moments of air stealing silence, the Princess breathed out, and spoke softly. "Do you know what is sad?" Lucy shifted to the side, shielding her eyes with her blond hair that cascaded down her back. "Levy-chan?" The Solid Script Mage quietly shook her head, Lucy's shoulders drooped, and she turned to face the Mage.

"Love." She whispered, brushing past Levy with hooded eyes. "Love is sad."

Lucy Heartfilia left with the poisonous drink cradled in her hands and determination clouding her eyes.

🔥🌟

Lucy's eyes were overtaken by shadows as she glided down the aisle toward the man she wished to see dead. She clenched her hands tightly around the neck of the cup she held. Darkly yearning that it was a neck of flesh beneath her nails. Lucy kept her eyes downcast, she did not want anyone to see the rage and dark hate glistening in her eyes. The murderous intent shining in her eyes could rival a killer's.