Chapter 26; The Color Yellow

~The Color Yellow~

Song; Bleeding Out

~Thank you so much to all those readers out there that leave me comments! Every single one makes me so happy and I love to read about all of your feels ^.^ I hope everyone enjoys this chapter 🔥~

Natsu glared at Mard Geer from where he stood feet away. The outline of his scales moved underneath his cheeks as he pulled his lips into a snarl. He took a step forward and continued forth toward Mard Geer who waited for him.

Soft desperate mutters caressed Natsu's ears and he glanced to the side.

His heart stopped.

Rouge was holding the still form of Sting close to his chest. His head was bent as he murmured to his partner. Rouge's voice was overflowing with sorrow and he was using a voice that quivered brokenly. Natsu clenched his jaw to stop a soft cry from escaping. Sting couldn't be...no...there was no way...

"Do not look so sad."

Natsu's eyes flashed to Mard Geer who looked indifferent. "It's a useless emotion to feel along with the others." He flicked his wrist in the air, "One life among so many does not create so much as a ripple in the sea of the thousands of others."

Natsu's jaw quivered with anger and his eyes flashed dangerously. "It may not affect many." He muttered lowly. "But if one life that is lost affects even one person... Then that shows that that one life meant something to someone else!" Natsu growled, his flames flaring up to back up his words.

"You hurt Sting!" He snarled, bashing his foot into the earth as he took a powerful step forward

"You hurt Sting!" He snarled, bashing his foot into the earth as he took a powerful step forward. "You made Rouge sad!" Natsu said darkly. "You're gonna pay for that!" Natsu kicked off the ground and came flying toward the Underworld King. "Mard Geer!"

Natsu's fist came down hard and the Demon Lord lifted up his hand to catch the Dragon's balled up hand. The ground beneath Mard Geer cracked as he pushed the Dragon Slayer back. Natsu came crashing down to the ground and skidded. He dug his talons deep into the ground to stop his decent. A cloud of dust attacked the air and took Natsu away from Mard Geer's vision.

The Demon Lord stood still as he allowed his eyes to search the area, keeping a sharp eye out for anything moving. Silence fell upon the battlefield as he searched for the hidden Dragon. Mard Geer could feel eyes burning into him from all sides.

"Where are you, Dragon?" He asked lightly. There was no reply. The dust curled around his feet and blocked out the moon's light. Wait, not the dust... Mard Geer jerked his head up. Natsu was the one who took the light away. He was falling from the sky with the moon at his back. Natsu cocked back his arm and let his fist fly with a low growl.