Chapter 33; Silly Demon

~Silly Demon~
Song; Carnivore

Lucy caught up to him as the sky began to bleed with the new arrival of the sun. He had left so much carnage behind in his path towards Magnolia. Smoke stained the air and fire burned wherever he stepped. His presence alone was enough to make the mightiest warriors shake in their skins. But not Lucy. Never again. Her victory was assured by the dawn of a new morning.

Lucy would not allow defeat to breath upon her existence ever again.

Her eyes, once light and full of optimism, were now dark and cold as they watched E.N.D amble along. Every step he took burnt the already dead ground. Flowers withered and turned to ash around him, marking his path ahead with death. The weak sun slowly clawed its way through the heavy smoke that dominated its sky. Trying its best to shine whatever dull light it had left against the wall of grey smoke.

Lucy raised her arm, and let her whip crack like a scream in the still air, the only other sound came from the softly crackling fires. E.N.D's smooth footsteps came to a halt and Lucy dropped her arm, the tip of her whip kissing the dirt. The Demon titled his horned head, the light colored tips darkened by drying blood. His red scales glittered in the sun's struggling light as he causally looked over his shoulder.

What he saw was the one who should not be there.

E.N.D's bored expression morphed into something resembling relief. His lips lifted up into a smile and he swiftly turned around to fully face the lady whom he thought he had lost for good. "Luce..." He breathed, his demonic eyes softening as well has the darkness residing in him at the sight of her.

"I'm pleased to see you," he said, still smiling, still with that soft expression that no Demon should ever know how to make. E.N.D took a hesitant step forward and when Lucy did not move, only stayed, the Demon took it as an open invitation to come even closer.
E.N.D unfurled his wings and with one strong flap, he found himself landing in front of her.

He had missed her. He regretted trying to make her leave. To stop her heart from beating. He would apologize to her. Surely, she would forgive him. E.N.D wished for her to stay with him. He would be so lonely if she did not. Conquering a whole world alone and becoming a ruler without a Queen faithfully by his side would just not do.

E.N.D wanted her to stay... Forevermore.

She was the one that glowed in all of his memories. The one who was always smiling at him. Laughing with him. Holding him in an achingly soft embrace that he himself had never felt before. E.N.D knew these weren't really his memories to have. He did not live them. His lesser self had.
It wasn't fair.

E.N.D wanted to make similar memories. Warm ones that his other half had. He wanted to make them all with Luce. His greatest weakness. Oh, how the Demon was weak for the Princess.

E.N.D's whole being ached to reach out and hold her. To touch her with the softest of touches. He had never truly been gentle with anything in his 400 years of life. He just did not see the point of being careful with something that would just end up breaking anyway. But, with her, with Luce... E.N.D would treat her as if she were the most frailest of glass.

Like a snowflake that will melt away with one touch.

E.N.D timidly reached for her with one of his taloned hands, being extremely mindful of his bone tearing claws, and ever so gently, cupped the back of her golden head.