Chapter 22; A Fairy Tale War

~A Fairy Tale War~

Song; This is War

~Thank you all for the votes! I love to read comments from everyone telling how they felt and what's on their mind about these chapters. It makes me so happy and gives me more courage to write when I hear from you all~

Mard Geer was waiting for them when Natsu landed with Lucy in his arms.

Regrettably the Dragon had to let go of his Dragon features due to overexertion. If he continued to stay in that form he would pass out. Natsu let his wings, talons, horns, and tail fade away in a burst of ashes. He felt lighter and more energetic than before. Natsu was starting to get fired up.

He slowly put Lucy down beside him. He kept Lucy close to him as he locked eyes with Mard Geer.

The Underworld King's eyes reminded Natsu of a shark's. White, cold, and ready to see blood spill. Unconsciously he gripped the soggy bandage that hugged his entire arm. The Demon Lord watched the movement with bored eyes. Although, there had been a glint of curiosity in the white depths. Natsu wasn't certain, but if it came down to it, he would have to use that.

His ultimate power.

Natsu knew he could only use this power once. When he used it, it would have to be for a good reason. A life saving one. Natsu's jaw quivered with rage and his lips pulled back from his teeth in a snarl. Oh how he wanted to sink his talons into this Demon who had hurt Lucy. Who had made her say awful things to him. Who...who had made her cry.

"It's a shame that you both made it back," Mard Geer sighed out, titling his head with a hand on his cheek. "I had wished that I would not have to waste more of my time."

Natsu's eyes flashed dangerously.

"Oi!" He called out to Mard Geer. "If you want to keep that smirk attached to your face." Natsu took a powerful step forward that cracked the ground. "Then. You. Will. Leave now." A growl rumbled through his chest and showed in his words. "Or else you'll be leaving when the wind picks up your ashes."

Mard Geer scoffed at Natsu's chilling words that did nothing to him. "This could be quite amusing for me." The Demon Lord closed his eyes as he hummed. "I think," his eyes snapped open and his pupils began to glow. "That I will stay. This is my Kingdom now." Lucy's jaw clenched and she dug her fingers into Natsu's shirt. If she did not have anything to hold onto, then she would have already been running towards Mard Geer to Lucy Kick him.

Even though her mind was overwhelming her with rage, hatred, and fantasies of murder. There was also a tiny part of her mind telling her to wait. To be patient and smart about her next move. Lucy knew the Underworld King was not someone who one wishes to mess with. She had seen his power up close before...She really did not wish to be on the receiving end again.

Lucy glanced up to Natsu.
His teeth were clenched and his shoulders were taut. His eyes were bright and burning with the urge to slam his fiery fist into Mard's face. He wanted to see the Demon's face smash into the ground. He wanted to smell the metallic scent of blood as it flew through the air. His veins were being poisoned with the will to fight.

Natsu couldn't. Not yet. He glanced to the sky. The sun was slowly setting. The sky was bleeding red and orange. The sun was dying so the moon could live. Now he just had to wait for moonlight to highlight the sky. He turned his attention back to Mard Geer who was staring at him.