Chapter 29; Fairy Tail Vs E.N.D

~Fairy Tail Vs E.N.D~

Song; Emperor's New Clothes

~Enjoy the horror~

"What?" E.N.D mocked, putting his hands on his hips. "No volunteers?"

Fairy Tail stood still and silent like marble statues, staring E.N.D down with calculating eyes. "Oho, I see," the Great Demon Lord chuckled. "You are all wary of attacking this body of mine." E.N.D grinned sinisterly and tapped his temple with a clawed nail. "E.N.D is the only one who resides in here now." The Demon titled his head, "See? No need to fret. You Fairies may go all out."

Lucy stifled a sob at the Demon's cruel words. Natsu's not gone...he's not.

"I apologize," E.N.D hummed, placing a clawed hand to his gaping chest. "I'm-whoops!" He laughed huskily when his hand went through the hole in his chest. "Better fix that."

The black tendrils on his body shot forward without pause. They began to weave and knit the flesh surrounding E.N.D's chest back together. "There...that's better." He hummed in satisfaction. When the fatal injury that had taken Natsu's life was healed, the Great Demon Lord cleared his throat.

"Allow me to introduce myself. I have picked up quite a few names over the many years that have passed by." He told the silent Fairy Tail members. "However one name has survived longer than the rest." E.N.D flashed a fanged smile that was oozing with darkness.

"Etherious Natsu Dragneel; E.N.D."

The Great Demon Lord raised a taloned hand and wiggled his fingers. "That's me, hello." The red veins in his eyes pulsed. "Now that you all know me, we can have some fun now. I am afraid my patience has worn thin." He sighed dramatically before he chirped lightly.

"I guess I can start slaughtering you Fairies now." E.N.D narrowed his eyes. "Unless someone dares to step forth to duel against I? One of you even may have a chance against me." E.N.D smiled pleasantly. "Or you all could come at me at once."

That was not going to happen. The remaining Fairy Tail members were exhausted, beaten, bloody, and fading fast. If they all attacked at once, it would waste each individual Mage's Magic and strength, and they all were not in their right mind. What if one sent an attack that was meant for E.N.D but their aim was off?
Or what if E.N.D used one of them as a hostage and threatened their life if they all did not back down?
Or...It could end up being a mass murder by E.N.D's hands.

It was safer if the Fairies sent one of their members one at a time to go head to head with the Great Demon Lord. Then, if it came down to it, and another Fairy Tail Mage had to step forth, they would have some idea of how E.N.D fought. What moves he used the most. How he moved. His rhythm. Fairy Tail would not be defeated!

There was barely a pause before someone did dare to step up.

Gajeel broke away from the rank of Fairy Tail Mages to stand confidently in front of his former Nest Mate. Erza had to place a hand on Levy's shoulder to keep her from stepping forth as well. The Solid Script Mage's eyes flashed with fright and worry as Gajeel locked eyes with E.N.D.

"Gihihi," the Iron Dragon Slayer cracked his knuckles. "I'll take ya on, Salamander and knock that damned Demon outta ya." E.N.D blinked his black and red eyes at him. The Demon ranked his eyes over his 'opponent's' form and had to purse his lips to hide his mirth. This Dragon Slayer was not good enough of an opponent for E.N.D. Though, it would be fun to strip away that confident smirk from his face.