Chapter 28

Hey guysssssss ! How're you ? Good ? Me too ! Okay , here's the next(; tell me what you think

Fan, Comment, Vote, Smile, Believe, Love<3

_____________________________________________________________________________

I sighed loudly and lifted myself from the bed, pausing to ruffle Cain's hair. He glowered at me, reaching up to pat down the mess I'd just made. I gave a small giggle and retreated from his room, closing the door behind me.

 I walked into the kitchen, only to jump back in surprise when I found Clara there, sipping on a cup of coffee.

 "Morning." She said, looking up at me from over her cup with a smile. I waved and opened the fridge, grabbing the orange juice. I poured myself a glass and sat down across from Clara. She sighed and gave me an apprehensive look.

 "What was all the commotion last night?" She questioned. I choked on my drink and fell into a round of coughs. After catching my breath, I looked at her, stunned.

 "You heard that?"

She gave me a knowing smile and sipped her coffee again. 

"You'd be surprised what I hear. Now, are you going to tell me or not?"

  Her tone wasn't impolite, just curious and a bit protective. I ran a hand through my nearly dry hair and looked for the right words. How was I supposed to tell her we were being followed by my crazy father? Or that he just wanted us dead, but didn't have the will to do it himself? He knew he would get caught and the sick bastard definitely didn't want that. 

 "Well..." I began, not knowing what to say.

 "My dad decided to pay us a surprise visit, via the woods. He threatened me and Casey then left." I conveniently left out the mind games and tears. It was Clara's turn to choke on her drink.   

 She sputtered for a moment before catching her breath. Her amber eyes were wide and panicked. Of course she would be panicked, I put her sons in danger. Just how selfish am I? Clara opened her mouth and shut it again. She did this three times before she formed words. 

 "I..I'm so sorry. We should call the police." She deemed, lightly grabbing my hand. I pulled back and dropped my hand in my lap.

 "I'm sorry, Mrs. Masters. I can't do that. We would have to be separated, not only Casey and I, but Cain and I as well. I can't do that, ever." I dropped my gaze to my hands, using words that were the closet I could find relating to how I felt. There would never be enough words to explain my feelings right now. The hopelessness, the pain, but somehow finding happiness in this homey house of hers.

 "Well, don't be silly, I could-" I put up a hand up to stop her. I knew what she was about to say.

 "Mrs. Masters... Clara," I looked up from my hands and at her face. "I appreciate your kindness, but I can't do that. For one, it would be selfish of me to impose on you. And second, it'd be awkward considering I'm in love with your son." I gave a short laugh, though there was no humor in it. 

 "You know you can stay as long as you like." She consoled. I nodded once and squeezed her hand in thanks.

 "I know that. Thank you for all you've done so far, but I think it would be best if I kept you guys out of danger. I...I'm going to make a few calls and I'll get us out of here soon enough. Thank you, really. I owe you my life, Clara." I tried to convey the gratitude I felt. She gave me a small nod and stood up.

 "Well, I'm going to head out. See you later, Kat." She kissed the top of my head and I nearly cried at how motherly she acted towards me. I dropped my head in my hands and my hair fell over my face.