Chapter 29

HOLY CANERY BREAD ! It's been a whoooooooooooooooooooole month since I updated ! I'm soooo soo sooo sooo sorry, time is like .. escaping me lately, Hahah. Anywhoo ! I hope you enjoy(;

Fan, Comment, Vote, Smile, Believe, Love, Hope<3

________________________________________________________________________________

I shut the car door and was abruptly tackled into a hug by Risa. I stumbled backwards, my back being shoved against the door.

 "Woah." I gasped, trying to catch the breath that had just been squeezed out of me.

"Someone's lovey this morning." I laughed, rubbing Risa's back lightly. She just giggled and stepped back, giving me space. Her amber eyes were bright with happiness,  the usual Risa.

 "So, how'd it go?" She asked, glancing between me and Cain, who stood a few feet away talking to some guy who's name escaped me.

 "Erm. Good." I said, feeling my face burn. She ducked her head down to look at me under my hood.

 "Ohoho!" She exclaimed, nudging my shoulder. I noticed Mark approaching and changed the subject with a smile. She just winked at me and gave me a look I knew all too well. I would have to spill everything sooner or later.

 "Hey." I greeted Mark, reaching my arms out for a hug. He stood there for a second, awkwardly. Risa just rolled her eyes and shoved his back, forcing him into my embrace. Poor fella, it seemed like it's been awhile since he got a hug.

 Mark relaxed and hugged me back, before pulling away with a serene smile on his face. 

"There, that wasn't so bad, now was it?" Risa teased. Mark glowered at her playfully. I just shook my head at the two and headed towards my first period, Mark walking with me. Cain popped up beside me, giving me a small heart attack.

 I jumped to the side, running into Mark.

 "Holy crap, put a bell on your neck or something." I said to Cain, putting a hand over my heart. He just smirked and stuck a hand out to Mark.

  "Cain - the boyfriend."  

Mark grinned at him and shot me a wink.

  "Mark - The counselor."

"Pfft." I laughed, walking away from a cheeky Mark and a confused Cain. Class was nearly full and all eyes dropped to me as usual, though some were wide because of the two 'attractive' boys right behind me.

 I rolled my eyes and walked to my seat, Cain sat on my right, Mark on the left. I sighed and dropped my head down onto the desk, mind filling up with the conversation to come. Grandmother.

 I wonder if she would ask why I was curious. Well, she was always pretty laid back, with her short white hair and deep blue eyes. I can't remember her exact age, but I knew it had to be somewhere around 60. I still didn't understand why she had to be in a home, I never understood it, actually.

 Grandma Charlie, as we called her, was very competent. She was ditzy, different, and a little dense, but competent none the less.  Though, sometimes acted like more of a child than Casey and I.

 Not that I minded, a visit to her always made me feel like a normal child, even more giddy than a six year old. She had no idea about her son, though, which was unfortunate. I guess that's where the part of her that was dense came in. Maybe she'd rather pretend he was still a kid and innocent, than face the facts.

 I couldn't hate her for that, because it wasn't like she could do anything, or even prove anything. He'd deny it all, as would Casey and I. But, she was the only family we had, I think. That's the whole point of calling her. She must know about someone on my mom's side, if there's anyone at all.