Chapter 4

Thank you to all my beautiful fans! I really appreciate all the support(: You make my day, everyday.

Comment, Vote, Fan. But, most importantly : Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me and Cain ignored one another all first and second period. Though Anger and sympathy rolled off him in waves. I immediately felt bad myself. Should I tell him? I shook the thought away as I walked to lunch. Since when did I want to tell ANYONE? No one could help. It was enough of a bearing on me and Casey. Something inside me though, swore he could help. I laugh bitterly at the thought and sat down next to Risa. I made it simpler by putting my back to the popular kids. "Hey," Risa crooned. "Thank you so much Risa, Your the best friend I could ever ask for." I complimented. An endearing smile made it's way to her face.

"It's not a permanent solution. I don't think he's going to let up." She insisted. I let out a sigh, knowing she was right. Just as I thought this, someone dropped down next to me. I tilted my head slightly so I could see who it was. "I'm sorry." Cain mumbled, green eyes sincere. Head still tilted, I switched my gaze to Risa, who looked just as confused. "I just care about you too much." "Awwwhhhh!" Risa cooed. I gaze her a disapproving look. "It's fine." I deadpanned. Cain's eyes flashed up to my face. "Can you do me a favor?" I fumed. "Is that what your apology was for? Because I can tell you right now I a-" "No." He interrupted. "Tomorrow, can you bring a picture of you? Like close to the way you look now?" I held my breath for a minute, then set it free.

"Alright." I responded. Cain looked surprised, amusement playing behind his eyes. "What? No twenty questions?" He teased. "Nope." Was my only response. I shot him a smile and we all talked about random things for the rest of the lunch period.

Soon enough I was walking to Cambridge Middle, in quite a good mood. Until, I saw Casey. She was talking to Jake and she seemed torn, a heartbreaking look on her face. I skipped to her side. "Case?" She looked up, startled. Jake looked upset as well. "Jake wanted to know if I could hang out but, we have stuff to do right?" Casey looked up, pleading. "Casey, I told you this morning I would cover for you." Her face turned happy but, then it shattered. "I'm so sorry Jake, I can't. Maybe some other time?" Casey breathed. He nodded, looking sad. Jake turned and walked a few feet away until Casey chased him. She wrapped her arms around his waist from behind muttering something into his back.

And indignant smile lit up Jake's face and he said goodbye to her. Casey skidded to a stop in front of me, smiling. "I really appreciate it Kat but, I can't be happy knowing what's going on." I ruffled her brown curls playfully and we walked home, happy. I unclicked the front door and skipped to our room. "Hey Case! Can you help me?" She stood in the doorway. "Yeah?" "Well, I'm looking for a picture to give to Cain." Her eyes widened and a sly smile played on her lips.

"Ohh la la." I gave her a look and she stopped and leaned over the box I was looking in. "In needs to be something recent okay?" She nodded as she shuffled through the box. I wasn't wearing my hood right now, I never did at home. It would get awfully hot. [A/N: Thought you guys should know that lmao.] I pushed things aside and glanced at each picture before tossing it back in. "What about this one?" Casey questioned, handing me a photo. "It was taken like 3 weeks ago right?" I nodded and looked at the picture.

It was taken at some restaurant our grandmother in Colorado had taken us to. Father didn't lay a hand on us a week before she came because he wanted us to seem fine. A blue Barret sat on top of my head. My dark chocolate hair was slightly waved and slipped over my shoulders. There was a happy smile on my face, my gray eyes were shining with excitement. I was staring right at the camera as Casey took the picture. She giggled at it. "I remember that." I laughed at it. "It's perfect, thank you Casey." I gave her a side hug.

Dad did come home that night but, luckily he was too drunk to do anything but pass out on the couch. In the morning I once again helped Casey with her make-up and soon enough we were on our way to school. I smiled widely as Jake came up next to Casey when we arrived and tangled their arms together, skipping to class. Young love, I sighed. I reached the grounds as Cain did, he followed me to our table. "Soo," He hinted, dropping down next to me. I stuck my hand in my backpack pulling out the picture. I took a deep breath and handed it over. Cain's eyes dropped down on my smiling face, widening. A small smile played on the edges of his lips. "Your so beautiful." He breathed. My cheeks warmed and I dropped my eyes.

"Wow, Glad you have that hood on." I lifted my head and tilted it, confused. "Huh...?" I trailed off. "Well, obviously, I wouldn't be able to talk to you with stuttering like an idiot. It's already hard enough with your hood on." I rolled my eyes and shoved his arm. He tossed me a smile and shoved me back, not hard, but I still hissed in pain. The bruises on my arms were still tender. I looked up, scared. Cain just looked remorseful and suspicious. "Uhh, anyway." I huffed, trying to not be awkward. Cain's frown upturned into a smile and he began talking animatedly about some movie. I zoned out, thinking about things. Should I tell him? I watched as he used his hands, throwing them every direction trying to paint a picture. His green eyes were sparkling with a childish glint.

I nodded every now and again until the Warning bell chimed. We walked to class together, getting many odd stares. I just talked back with Cain, laughing at some jokes and counting the minutes until lunch. Once again, Cain, Risa and I sat together for lunch and we talked happily, like we'd all been friends for years. I liked this. Feeling like he was a part of our little group, like we were special.As I did the finishing work in my 7th period, I thought hard about Cain. I mean, if I tell him there would be no secrets. And maybe, we could...?

Whoa! Where did that come from?

I mean now that I think about it, I couldn't imagine not meeting Cain. He makes me laugh and is always worried about me. As I pictured his face in my mind, I sighed. What? I just sighed? It was like a 'ahh, he's so cute sigh.' What the heck?! No. No, come on. Does God have it out for me? I mean he gives me an abusive father, then makes me fall in love with someone who's WAY out of my league? How is this fair? There's a high-pitched squeal and I slip out of class, heading towards the gym.

I decided to try a new way to get home, seems like if I cut through the gym I can get a shortcut off the grounds. Well, it makes more sense on a map. I pulled the heavy metal door and squeezed inside. The lights flickered slightly, creating an eerie atmosphere. My shoes squeaked as I scuffed through the giant gym. "HEY!" Someone called out. I stopped and turned. I spotted a boy about my age coming from the supply closet. He had dark brown eyes and blond hair, I stepped back. Something was off with him.

"I was uhh, taking a shortcut." He smiled with crooked teeth. "You hang out with that Cain kid right?" I stepped back again, he mirrored my actions. "Yeah, why?" The blonde boy began circling me like a shark. "No reason, nice body." He complimented, in a nasal voice. "Can I go?" He stopped circling and looked at me, seeing only a shadowed face. "No, I think I like you." I stepped back again and again he mirrored me. He could easily overpower me, I stood at 5'6 around 115 This kid looked about 5'9 with 160. I spun and sprinted towards the exit doors. Before I could it open, he stood over me. His face contorted into a snarl and he gripped my arms. "Please let me go." I pleaded.

"No, I don't think I will." He laughed crazily. How the hell did he go here? Before I could think he slammed my back down against one of the bleachers, shoving his mouth on mine. I struggled and kick but, he was stronger. He lifted his mouth to breath and I screamed. When I say screamed, I mean SCREAMED. He hand flew to cover my mouth, "Shhh." He murmured, forcing his mouth back on mine. Tears flooded over my eyes.

I heard a metallic click, apparently this kid did too because he looked up, annoyed. "What do yo- Oof." He was interrupted as a fist connected with his face. I sat up, not noticing as my hood slipped off my face. Without looking up from the boys unconcious body Cain asked, "Did he hurt you?" I wiped away the tears falling from my face and answered in a shaky voice. "No. But, it was my first kiss." Cain looked up and froze. Like literally froze. No movement, eye glues to my face. I tilted my head to the side. There was suddenly rage on his beautiful face. "You said he didn't hurt you?" I nodded, still confused. He came and stood next to me, bending close to my face. "Then, who did?"