Chapter 1

I don't think about the events that led up to Dad dropping me off with Mom and Adam.

Hell, that's exactly why I take drugs all the time.

Only Adam knows the full story. I was high as fuck and blabbered it out. I made him promise not to tell. I didn't want to be known like that.

I'm okay with being called the Druggie, the Troublemaker, the Whore. All of those were names I chose myself. I can handle people turning their backs on me because they think I'm a horrible person or a bad influence.

I refused to be looked at like a victim.

Most people know me as Angel Winchester. I'm the life and soul of the party. Always down for a quick high or quick fuck. The crazy girl who has the best stories.

No one's ever questioned me directly about why I had a different last name from my family. I've heard whispers. Some of the rumors are crazier than the shit I saw when I dropped acid that one time (Never Again!).

I'm not an idiot. I probably would get my shit together if I was willing to talk about it. But my pride stops me. Isn't pride one of those seven deadly sins or something?

I don't really care. If there's a heaven than I definitely wasn't heading toward it.

Adam Milligan, my half-brother, is my favorite person in the whole world.

Seriously. He stays up with me with me when I have nightmares. He helps me when I have homework. He tracks me down when I disappear.

The one thing I can always count on was Adam finding me even when I lose myself.

The day everything changed was normal by my standards.

I went on one of my benders. I came to in a crack house. I was wearing completely different clothes than I remember dressing in. I was missing my shoes. By some miracle I still had my phone.

I checked it and the first thing that popped up:

162 Missed Calls

Shit, Adam and Mom were probably pissed.

It was a week passed the last date I remembered.

I had about 10% left on my battery, so I dragged myself up from the floor.

I had to stop once I managed to stand, because everything hurt.

I limped outside and had to take a moment to stop myself from throwing up. The light was so bright.

I unlocked my phone and sighed before dialing Adam's number.

"Kat?" Adam was the only one who didn't call me Angel all of the time. The only one allowed to call me Kat.

"Hey Doc." Adam had wanted to be a doctor forever. He was currently about to enter Pre-Med.

"Where are you?! Are you okay?!" He practically yelled in my ear.

"I'm fine." I insisted. "And give me a second." I hurriedly pulled up my maps.

I gave him an address in St. Paul.

"I'll be there Kat." He swore and hung up.

I looked down and noticed some shades hanging on my shirt.

I slid them on and sat on the steps.

I don't how much time passed. People came and went beside me. Nobody acknowledges me.

I took stock of my surroundings while I waited.

The yard was dirt and brittle, yellowed grass. There were dirty children's toys, broken bottles, and old needles scattered across the ground.

The sun was high when Adam's car pulled up next to the yard's broken chain length fence.

He rushed out and ran toward me.

"Kat!" He hugged me. That's when the guilt hit. I hated I did this to him and Mom. I just couldn't deal with all my shit. I wasn't strong enough.

"M'kay." I said into his chest.

He helped me limp to his car.

We drove home in silence.

When we arrived there was a strange car in the driveway. An Impala.

We exchanged looks.

Who the Hell was at our house?

Adam and I walked slowly toward our door.

Dean's POV

Sam and I would have to leave soon.

It was only a matter of time before the police found Adam and his mother's bodies. Technically, they were shifter bodies, but the police wouldn't see that.

The shifter never said what happened to Kaitlin, their apparent little sister, but both Sam and I knew she had probably been eaten.

We were taking one last look around when the door opened.

Immediately, we whipped out our guns.

Our breath stopped when we saw Adam and Kaitlin walk through the door.