It's not Love

2 weeks later

Hiccup and I haven't mentioned the conversation, actually we haven't talked at all. A few small exchanged glances. I also have been suspended for a while for beating up six kids who decided I can't handle a threat.

"Astrid you can't keep doing this, you've been Suspended 3 times these past two weeks." Stoick says his voice stern. I look down at my feet, "Sorry Stoick But they Asked for it!"
Stoick sighs. "Astrid, I let you stay after you hurt Hiccup. He's still not healed all the way, Astrid you are gonna have to Change a little if you want to stay." He demands.

"Change? How much.. I'm not getting rid of my axe." I say. "Axe? What Axe!?" Stoick asks. I look at him. Oh.. did he not know about that? Hiccup's better with Secrets than I thought..
"I just Train with it I've never hurt anyone with the blade all I've done to a human is gut them with the Handle." I say. And that person is Hiccup.

I think to myself. "Fine but you can't beat up every kid who says something to you. Deal?" Stoick says more than asks. "Deal... Stoick what do you know about me?" I ask. "All I know is you have issues with your Mother.. not sure how bad, I know you stay your time at the Arena..... I know what you didn't want Hiccup to know." He says the last part softly.

I stiffen. "What! What did Hiccup tell you?! I'm gonna kill him!!" I start yelling. "Astrid, Hiccup was just doing what he thought was right he asked me what should he do. He just wants to help you." Stoick says. "Help!? Ha from Fishbone? Stoick your Son or you can't help me! You and Him don't know me Really! There is no way Hiccup can help me!" I yell.

As if Odin heard us Hiccup walks in just coming from school, Stoick backs out to go do some Chief work. I pull Hiccup into His room. "Why'd you tell him!?" I yell my eyes stinging with tears. "Tell who what!?" He yells innocently.

"Your dad! Why'd you tell him about Me being..Ughh I hate you!!" I yell. I feel my warm Tears falling on my face. Honestly yes I've cried before but not this hard or much. "Oh.. Gods Astrid I'm so sorry I didn't know what to do I-I Just freaked out." Hiccup says Running a hand through his hair.

I break down and fall to the floor crying harder my head starting to Throb. Hiccup sits on his knees next to me. "Astrid I'm sorry.." he says. He pulls me into his bed trying to shush me a little.
He hugs me, I would usually push him away but it actually feels nice. I bury my face into his Shirt still crying. Hiccup holds me tighter. This is something I would imagine a mother doing to her heart broken daughter. The daughter crying into her loving mothers arms.. It's all a fantasy though.

"I'm really am sorry Astrid." Hiccup says softly. I close my eyes tight to stop anymore tears from falling. I sadly fail. It's fine...You at least Care.. I think to myself. I just smile in return but he probably can't see it mostly because my face is till buried in his shirt. I take a deep breath as I pull away and start wiping my tears but they keep falling. Hiccup smiles and wipes them away with his thumb.

I smile as he places his warm hand on my cheek, I lean into his touch. No! It's not love it's simply Trust and confidence into him. I think to myself. My tears stop falling. "Thank you." I say.
Hiccup looks at me in confusing. "For what?" He asks his voice naive. "For Being there for me... And.." I Stop and crush my lips onto his. Hiccup begins to kiss back softly. I smile against his lips. "And for everything else." I whisper, I look at Hiccups Eyes.

His emerald Green staring into my ocean blue. Hiccup kisses me tenderly. I kiss him back the same way. Wait..No! I pull away from him accidentally biting his lip. "Sorry Hiccup...." I say. "It's fine... What's wrong?" He asks.

"That didn't mean anything... You know the kiss.. it meant nothing ok?" I say. Hiccup looks at me. "Oh.... Er yeah nothing..." Hiccup replies. I get up and run to my room. "I didn't enjoy that. I don't like him. I don't. I don't." I repeat to myself.

I pull at my hair.in frustration, I don't like him, because thst turns to love  and love causes heart ache and heart ache equals pain and pain equals a trip to Valhalla. I think to myself.