Chapter 1

Like her parents predicted, Ruive grew to be strong, brave, wise, kind, and as fierce and wild as any dragon fire. When her parents deemed her old enough, the named her the captain of the guard and gave her charge of their armies. Ruive became the most feared warrior in all Dagnir and her reputation spread across Middle-Earth. However Ruive had still yet to prove herself as one of the Dagnir, a dragon slayer like her parents.

Ruive's chance finally came when a fire drake known as Bane attacked a nearby village. Tauren, had crafted for his daughter a bow. This bow was unlike any other bow to be forged by any race. This bow had the strength to shoot a black arrow with the same power as a dwarvish wind lance therefore being able to pierce a dragon's armor. Ruive left at dawn a warrior, and returned a hero and a true Dagnir. Word had spread of the newest dragon slayer and from everywhere dragons began to vanish from sight and it seemed as though Middle-Earth was at peace from the dragons.

When Ruive reached the age of 700 her mother gave birth to another daughter, she had her father's red hair and her mother's green eyes and was just as beautiful as Ruive and her mother. They named her Tauriel. Ruive promised her parents that she would protect her little sister with every breath she had and would train her to become just as great a warrior as herself. As the years passed on Ruive reached the age of 1000 and Tauriel reached 300, and although the Valinor had blessed Tauren with long life both he and Vana knew that one day Ruive would have to marry to ensure to kingdom's line would endure. Of course when Ruive's parents suggested marriage to her she refused, she was a warrior not a princess. Tauriel unlike her sister was rather thrilled at the though of one day marrying another and having children of her own. Ruive pleaded with her parents to let her captain the guard and when Tauriel comes of age she may take the throne as queen and marry a highborn. Much to Ruive's disgust it was her duty to the kingdom to reassure them that the kingdom's future leaders would be as kind and just as her parents before her.

"Fine if I am to marry some highborn prat for the good of the kingdom, then I will marry on one condition. He has to be able to defeat me in a fight." 

Ruive figured that if she had to marry for the good of her kingdom, then she needs to know that her husband will be able to defend her kingdom just as much as she can.

Princes and highborn lords came from all across the land in hopes that they might be able to defeat the princess and win her hand. One by one they came, and one by one the fell. No matter who challenged the princess, none could compare to her skill, she is a dragon slayer after all. 

"Ruive, why do you not take a husband, many of them are rather handsome." Tauriel questioned her sister watching as she practised her archery out of boredom.

"Because Nethig, (little sister)" 

She paused to release an arrow that split the one she shot earlier in the target. 

"How can any of them defend our home if they cannot beat me, and a dashing smile will not slay an army." 

Tauriel giggled slightly at her sister's comment, then paused as she thought of her own future. 

"Do you think that I will marry one day?"

Ruive stop shocked upon hearing her sister's words. She returned the bow from her father to its position on her back and knelled in front of Tauriel and took her hands in hers. Although Tauriel was a little over 300 she looked about the age of a 18 year old human. 

"Oh Tauriel my sweet Nethig, any man who does not fall in love with you is not worthy of eyes, for if he cannot see how beautiful you are both inside and out does not deserve the eyes he was blessed with." 

Ruive pulled her sister into her arms and held her tight knowing that Tauriel will one day be the Queen that Dagnir needs.