Chapter 6

Ruive stood behind her sister who was seated at her dresser watching as Ruive practiced a variety of dwarvish braids in her fiery hair. 

"Will you teach me how to do a courting braid Ru?"

Ruive's hands froze in her sister's hair. 

"And why would you need to know how to do a courting braid all of a sudden?" she asked a smirk weaved its way onto her lips.

"Well I wish to know how to do one so I may give it to my future husband, and you will need practice for you and Legolas." Tauriel giggled at her last statement. 

It was true that their parents and Legolas' father had made the arrangements for Legolas and Ruive to be wedded.

"What makes you think that Legolas would want a dwarvish braid in his hair, or have you forgotten that apart from our parents dwarves and elves aren't overly fond of each other?" 

Ruive began removing the braid she had been showing Tauriel and gathered strands of her hair and weaving them together into an intricate braid that symbolized courtship.

"Well Legolas seems to have no problems with your dwarvish blood." 

Ruive thought over Tauriel's words as she continued the braid. Truth be told in all she had seen of the elf prince he had not once in anyway seemed displeased by her dwarvish heritage, in fact it was her dwarvish fire that Legolas greatly admired about her. Her thoughts were interrupted by a soft knocking at the door. 

"Come!" Ruive called still focused on the braid in her nimble fingers. 

She and Tauriel both looked to see none other than Legolas step into the room.

"My ladies, your mother said you would be here, I hope I am not intruding in any way." Legolas said gesturing to Ruive braiding Tauriel's hair.

"Oh not at all Prince Legolas, what can we do for you?" 

Tauriel beamed at Legolas hoping that he and Ruive would share some sweet moment like they do in all the romantic tales her mother had read to her.

"Actually I was hoping to speak with you sister if that's alright with you?" Legolas addressed Tauriel.

"Please, I would hate to hog my dear Ru from you my lord." 

Tauriel stood from her seat sending her sister a wink before curtsying to Legolas and exiting the room.

Ruive shook her head at her little sister's antics before turning to Legolas. 

"What can I do for you Legolas?"

"Well I was hoping to get to know you better, seeing as we are to be wed I personally would like to know my future wife better." 

Legolas rubbed the back of his neck nervously, something he had realized only she could do. Make him nervous that is. Ruive chuckled amused by his words. 

"So would you care to join me for a walk?"

"I'd be glad to, I to would like to know my future husband better." 

This brought a smile to both of there faces. Legolas held his arm out for Ruive to take as she guided them threw the castle to the gardens where the two could better know each other.

"I apologies but I must ask, Ru?" 

For the better half of an hour, the two had been sharing stories of their childhood, Legolas spoke to her of the Greenwood (its not Mirkwood yet atm) and other things like losing his mother to which Ruive gave her condolences. Ruive had also shared many stories of her childhood in Dagnir and her dragon slaying which Legolas found very impressive. But since he had asked to speak with Ruive and Tauriel had used the name his mind had been nagging him to ask about it.