Chapter 18

A whole month Ruive had been Captain of the Guard, and already her anger and frustration with a certain elf king was beyond measure. Though with her leadership they had managed to drive the spiders back from the outside villages, Ruive still thought it to be best to wipe out the nest at Dol guldur. But Thranduil had forbade it every time she made the suggestion. Most days Ruive could handle Thranduil's arrogance and disregard for anybody but himself, but today was different.

Today, she almost lost someone in her guard. An Elf named Celon, whom she had trained, was severely wounded by a spider. When she informed Thranduil of this he simply shrugged and dismissed her, as far as he was concerned, the elf was alive so what was the problem? Angered by this, Ruive snap and shouted, "Amin feuya ten lle!" (You disgust me) Before turning on her heal and storming out of the room not giving Thranduil a chance to reply.

Ruive was fuming. She would never understand how he, a king, could be so heartless to those around him. So caught up in her anger, Ruive didn't even notice Tauriel calling her name she just needed to get out of there, she needed to run, more importantly she needed to kill something.

"Ru! Ruive! Where are you going?" Tauriel called desperately trying to get her attention.

"Out." Was Ruive's only response. 

Tauriel sighed, knowing there was no stopping Ruive, she could only follow her. Tauriel knew from a young age that Ruive valued her pride, but she was also the most selfless person she knew. But when someone insults her pride, Ruive had a tendency to lash out and let her emotions cloud her judgement. Ruive ran out into the forest, Tauriel hot on her heels, she needed to kill something, she needed to get her frustration out and a hunt was the only way she knew how. 

Ruive and Tauriel had been running and were reaching the border of the kingdom. The border she wasn't allowed to hunt spiders or any other foul creatures beyond. Ruive stopped letting the air flow through her lungs. Tauriel waited, she was going to break and she had no intentions of being in her way when that happened. Ruive drew one of her many daggers tossing it in her hand a few times eyeing a tree about ten feet away, with a swift flick of her wrist the dagger lodged itself deep in the bark. 

"By Mahal and the Valor! Arghhh" Ruive screamed and kicked at the fallen leaves on the forest floor.

Tauriel moved toward Ruive, gingerly raising a hand in hopes to calm her. "Ru, t-"

SNAP!

"Shh!" Ruive put her hand up, keen eyes scanning the tree line. "Did you hear that?"

Tauriel mimicked her sister by drawing her weapons, in her case her daggers. Ruive listened for any signs of danger, when a soft breeze blew past she inhaled through her nose catching a familiar sent.

"Orcs! This way." 

Ruive headed off in the orcs' direction Tauriel following behind. When they arrived at a small clearing they were greeted by a small pack of about twenty orcs. Child's play for Tauriel and Ruive. Ruive swung her sword cutting the head of the orc closest to her clean off before launching herself into battle soon joined by Tauriel. It did not take long for the sisters to slay the majority of the orcs, Ruive was stabbing one in the chest when she noticed three of the orcs retreating towards the border. Retrieving the dagger she threw, she made to follow them only to be stopped by Tauriel.

"No, they are beyond the border now, let them go."

Ruive was shocked by her sister's comment, though she knew she was only following orders she could not believe the words that just past her lips. 

"And leave them to roam freely so they may cause death and suffering all because they are no concern of ours? No, I am not letting them go freely."