Chapter 45

Ruive threw her tear blade into an orc and sliced the throat of another. She placed her fingers in her mouth and let out a piercing whistle before returning to the fight. Behind her, out of the mountains galloped a familiar horse, Alagos. Ruive tucked her tear blades away and ran perpendicular to Alagos, when she got close enough she pushed off a rock and swung onto Alagos' back. Digging her heals in to his sides she sent him reeling towards Raven Hill, heading straight for Azog.

Gandalf and Bilbo fought in Dale with new hope, Thorin and the other dwarves had charged from the mountain and the dwarves of the Iron Hills were rallying to their King. Bilbo looked out to the ridge and saw a familiar horse and rider ascending the ridge.

"We may yet survive this." Gandalf said to himself watching the men of Laketown fight.

"GANDALF!" Bilbo cried.

Gandalf killed an orc and rushed over to the hobbit who was standing at a wall that overlooked the spur of the mountain.

"It's Ruive!" 

Bilbo pointed at her distant figure that was nearly at the top of the spur, another movement caught his vision. 

"And Thorin!"

Gandalf looked behind Thorin to see three other figures riding up the mountain. 

"And Fili, Kili...and Dwalin. He's taking his best warriors!"

"To do what?"

"To cut the head off the snake." Gandalf hissed.

Ruive leaped off Alagos, who galloped away as per Ruive's command, and drew her long blades and started killing the orcs and goblins that waited for her. As she fought she could her the sounds of hooves against the rock. She smirked knowing who was coming, 'The King has returned.' 

Legolas rode on horseback through Dale looking for Gandalf, or Ruive.

"Gandalf!" Legolas called spotting the wizard.

"Legolas... Legolas Greenleaf!" Gandalf gasped, happy to see him.

Legolas swung off his horse and spoke to Gandalf, his voice hurried and anxious. 

"There is a second army! Bolg leads a force of Gundabad orcs. They are almost upon us!"

"Gundabad...This was their plan all along. Azog engages our forces, then Bolg seeps in from the north." Gandalf growled.

"Wha...the north...where is the north, exactly?!" Bilbo exclaimed now very worried.

"Ravenhill." Gandalf said striding over to the parapets to look at the hill which Ruive, Thorin and the others had just went.

"Ravenhill...Thorin and Ruive are up there! And Fili and Kili - they're all up there!"  Bilbo cried when he finally realized where Gandalf spoke of.

Legolas' eyes widened hearing Ruive's name, an army was on their way and they would be outnumbered quickly. Legolas immediately turned and headed towards Raven Hill, he had to get there, he had to get to her. Legolas reached the archway that lead out to a causeway that separated Dale and Raven Hill.

"Legolas!" 

Thranduil approached his son, the elf army behind him. 

"Come, we are leaving, too much Elvish blood has be waste on account of Dwarves."

"No, you cannot abandon them again." Legolas protested, though he was more concerned of not abandoning Ruive again.

Thranduil looked at he son perplexed almost. Then it occurred to him.