Chapter 128: Tricky Questions.

Evening.

The AI robots delivered food to various areas on time.

Han Qiao, who had been missing all day, and several assistant teachers finally appeared.

They gathered all their teammates together.

"You can eat while listening to us."

Han Qiao smiled charmingly as she explained the detailed rules of the competition to the new students.

In fact, the rules have long been detailed on the internet.

The battle royale secret realm was called "City of Mechanical Evil."

It was said that the true size of this secret realm was comparable to a steel city where tens of millions of people lived.

The creatures in this secret realm were diverse, with mechanical monsters as the main threat, supplemented by zombies and demons.

The officials assigned corresponding points based on the monsters' strength and the rarity of the materials.

Moreover, defeating a BOSS would also yield a huge point reward.

Players could attack each other, but maliciously killing the source spirits was not allowed.

...

After discussing the rules,

The next topic was the reward, which everyone was most concerned about.

"The Dragon Nation's Ministry of Education has long established that in every joint competition among universities, any school that ranks in the top three will be rewarded with a corresponding number of secret realm instances."

"At the same time, in the following year, there will be increased investment in these top three schools, with more resource realms allocated to them."

"Of course, our Tianyan Academy is aiming for the championship."

"As long as our team can secure the championship, Tianyan Academy will not treat you unfairly."

"In addition to the fixed reward of 300,000 Tianyan Ranking points per person and an A-grade skill book, the individual with the highest contribution in points can make a request to the academy."

"Even requests to have a dean of a certain college present an S-grade skill are allowed."

As soon as these words were spoken,

The geniuses who were eating stopped in their tracks.

At first, they looked at Han Qiao with joy on their faces.

But then,

Their expressions turned into ones of helplessness.

Oh no...

It turns out that only the individual with the highest point contribution can receive this reward.

So, they have no chance.

Because with Ling Zhan, this monster, among them, they are destined to be no match for him.

However, upon careful thought, 300,000 Tianyan Ranking points and an A-grade skill book are still pretty good.

300,000 Tianyan Ranking points are enough for them to buy what they want in Tianyan Academy.

After all, these geniuses are not all wealthy and influential people.

Like Temulis of the Orcs, Anna of the Elves, and Qi Biyu of the Giants.

These three are actually from poor backgrounds, and they all stood out in the entrance exams of their respective races to enter Tianyan Academy.

As for Charlotte the Dwarves, she comes from a prestigious forging family, so she's not poor at all.

Of course, Charlotte doesn't have many Tianyan Ranking points now.

The main reason is that there are few people who can afford to hire her for forging. Even if she takes on part-time work, not many students can afford the required points for a demi-god-level forger.

Unless they lower their prices.

But the Dwarves are proud of their forging skills, so how could they cheapen their craft?

As for Zhu Yaoguang, Ji Wuming, Gao Yao, and Hull, they are wealthy and influential, so they don't care much about point rewards.

However, they are more interested in A-grade skill books.

These items are rarely seen on the market outside.

Even if they do appear, they are instantly auctioned off.

So, A-grade skill books have long been kept in high regard by major clans and academies.

Now, rewarding such a book is just enough to satisfy the needs of these wealthy children.

"Alright, the talk is over. After taking the promotional photos tomorrow, the competition will officially begin the day after tomorrow."

"By then, I hope everyone can showcase the glory of our Tianyan Academy!"

"I'll leave first. Rest well, everyone."

Han Qiao left with a smile.

In the past, at this time, the team leaders were actually quite nervous and serious.

But only this year's group

made her feel relaxed.

All of this...

is all because of the existence of Ling Zhan, this weirdo.

...

...

Early the next morning,

Everyone got up on time, washed and dressed, and then went to the largest open-air auditorium at Haston Academy.

This open-air auditorium can accommodate nearly 100,000 spectators and is only used for important assessments at Ston Academy.

Moreover, because of the popularity of this year's event, Haston Academy has temporarily expanded the area of this open-air auditorium and added tens of thousands of seats.

At that time,

All the spectators will wear extremely advanced high-tech 3D glasses to watch the live broadcast on site.

The audience at the scene can use their minds to control the screen and turn it to any team at any time, anywhere.

And the screen is 360 degrees without any blind spots.

Almost every university that hosts the intercollegiate competition earns a lot of money.

Over a hundred thousand tickets have long been sold out.

After all, when you watch a live broadcast at home, you can only switch cameras through the director.

But at the scene, using Haston Academy's exclusive 3D glasses, you can switch to any team's camera you want, which is like a VIP treatment.

Comparatively speaking,

Of course, watching it live is more enjoyable.

And today, many reporters have already arrived at this auditorium.

Because today is the day when the players from various universities take promotional photos.

The reporters will also take the opportunity to interview the more controversial teams to garner some attention.

Who is the most controversial?

Naturally, it's the team from Tianyan Academy that's the most controversial!

The team roster will definitely be posted online.

And the two words 'Non-Specialist' appended to Ling Zhan's name have already caused a huge stir on the internet.

"Ling Zhan? The non-specialist who clinched the top spot in the provincial exams in Nan Province?"

"Tianyan Academy is really going all out for attention. They actually sent a non-specialist over and even made him the team captain!"

"I've seen his exam video. His combat skills are indeed excellent, but so what? He has no future ahead of him."

"Letting a non-specialist lead the team, they really don't regard the teams from other universities as equals, do they?"

......

Given the various hot topics discussed above,

When Ling Zhan appeared in the huge open-air auditorium in his iconic ink wash Yin-Yang robe,

Crash!!

The reporters, who had long been waiting, rushed to Ling Zhan's front.

They almost wanted to stuff the microphone into Ling Zhan's mouth.

At the same time, their little mouths kept chattering, asking extremely tricky questions.

"Ling Zhan, it's said on the internet that you're just a worthless attention-seeker. What do you think of such claims?"

"I heard that Haston Academy deliberately made things difficult for you during the enrollment process and even skipped the enrollment meeting. Is this true?"

"Just now, Fang Bo, an assistant student from Huqing Academy, boasted that they would crush your Tianyan Academy. Do you have anything to say to them?"

"It's said that many teams from other universities are targeting Tianyan Academy because they think your team is weak and easy to bully with a non-specialist like you. What is your opinion on this?"

......

It must be said,

These reporters are really good at setting the tone.

They asked all sorts of questions, whether appropriate or not.

And Ling Zhan remained expressionless, giving no response.

Because, at this moment, the task prompt sound finally rang in his mind...

Read (75) chapters ahead on patreon:

patreon.com/user?u=113341029

And this is my discord if you want to discuss about the story

https://discord.com/invite/KzRWHga6rz