Chapter 2: Meet the bad guys

Hazel's POV:

  The journey to Olympus didn't take a long time. We hailed a cab and in forty five minutes we were in front of the Empire State building.

"Six hundredth floor please." Annabeth said to the receptionist.

"There is no six hundredth floor ma'am," he said, not taking his eyes of his newspaper.

Annabeth edged closer to him. "Listen up mister, Zeus wants us up there and I don't think you want to anger him! Am I right?"

He looked up. "Well if it isn't the seven," he scanned us, "well six of them, Jackson is causing trouble I hear?" He laughed at that. "And their little friend Nicolas?"

"The name is Nico." Nico said. "And you better give us that card or I'll summon some skeletons and let them have a dance party right here!"

"And by dance party he means your death." Leo joked. With a sigh the man fished out the card from his pocket and tossed it to Annabeth.

"Good luck your in for some deep trouble," he said.

We stopped in our tracks. Annabeth turned back to face him. "What do you mean?"

He folded his newspaper. "Let's just say Tartarus isn't the only place the villains hang out in."

"What are you talking about?" Jason asked.

"Listen kids I'm not supposed to say much. But all these myths, Greek myths you know, sure they exist but their are some myths and events the gods hid. You'll see for yourself up there but I deeply, not jokingly, wish you good luck."

We glanced at each other nervously. "We have no choice but to go up there." Piper said. "Come on guys." We were about to walk away but Annabeth stopped. "Thanks for warning us-" When she looked back to thank the receptionist he wasn't there. He was gone.

"Okay can we just please get to the elevator." Leo said.

"Come on." Annabeth agreed. Once we were in Annabeth slipped the card into the slot and pressed the six hundredth floor button that magically appeared. "Hold on tight," she said.

"It's an elevator, why do we need to hold on tight-ahhhhh!" With a powerful force the elevator moved up. We were all thrown into the air. I hit the ceiling then fell back down again, so did the others, except Annabeth who stood quietly clutching the wall. We kept falling up and down. 

"I'm going to puke!" Leo screamed clutching his stomach. 

"You can puke all you want once were up there! If you puke I'm probably sure you'll vomit will start jumping up and down too!" Piper yelled. 

The elevator came to a stop. The doors opened. Annabeth stepped out leaving us on the floor trying to catch our breathe while Leo vomited. "Next time listen," she said.

"I can't believe I forgot." Nico said.

"Come on."

Once we were all out of the elevator we were able to marvel at the city. It was the most beautiful sight I've ever seen. The city was like a city of clouds. The place was filled with gardens, fountains, statues and magnificent Greek buildings. But the best was the huge palace, it's towers reaching the clouds, I was surprised to even find clouds above the city. 

"Annabeth you've done a wonderful job building this place." Piper said gazing at the city.

"Thanks," she numbly said. "Guys we should get going I don't want to be late."

By the time we were in front of the huge golden doors, leading into the throne room, the sun was already starting to set. With a strong push Annabeth opened the doors.