Chapter 27: Consuming Fire Part II

The red blood forest circled around her like a cage as she made her way through the crowd of dancing bodies. The smell of sweat and the forest's scent increased the unbearable feeling of suffocation and the tiny space she had for herself amongst her enemies didn't help. She kept pushing herself through the demigods when the fear finally engulfed her. She was stuck in the middle of a crowd that was celebrating blood, death and destruction, it made her sick to her stomach. She could feel invisible hands tighten their grip on her throat, stopping her from breathing. She tried to inhale but it only quickened her heart beat, making it become one with the beat of the music. Dizziness hit her and she felt numb as her body began to move to the rhythm. It was if the crowd and music had cast a spell on her, forcing her to become one of them. She couldn't resist against it, it gave her a wicked sense of freedom that excited her. She was almost fully lost when a pair of hands pulled her away from harms way.

"What's gotten into you?" Nico asked as the air finally rushed into Piper's lungs. She turned her focus away from the doom he saved her from. "I don't know." She admitted. "I think I got a panic attack back there. Being around these people scares me sometimes."

"I'm aware of how you feel." He replied, glancing away from the party. Piper hadn't expected Nico to admit he feared them. He was always someone who kept his fears and feelings to himself. He must've been terrified of what they could do to tell her that. "Did you drink any of that yellow liquid?" He asked, pointing to the enormous table filled with food and drinks. Piper nodded. "Yeah. Why?"

He shook his head in disbelief and said. "They call it night taster . Basically, if you drink a lot of it you pass out for a while. Think of it as a drug. It's what they had us drink when we first came here. It's what makes you dizzy."

"I thought it was Pineapple juice." She said. "Don't look at me like that Nico, I was thirsty. It's the middle of summer."

"Just be careful, please. I don't trust anyone here and besides you don't know what they can trick us into doing here." He advised.

She rolled her eyes jokingly and said. "Whatever you say, mom."

"I warning you Mclean, if you get yourself into trouble I won't drag you out of it." He warned. Piper laughed and said. "Says the guys who literally just dragged me from trouble." He ignored her and beckoned her to follow him deeper into the forest. Once they were deep enough and the music volume's lowered, they came to a halt. "I was thinking, this is the best time to contact Camp Half-blood, know what's new. No one would notice us gone right now."

"Great idea. But it's nighttime, how will you make a rainbow?" She asked. He smiled and fished a coin out of his pocket. "Several days ago I sneaked out at night and talked to Jason. It was really a coincidence when I found out that around here rainbows are a big no. This is the island of evil, you don't need light to contact someone through Iris message." He flipped the coin in the air and asked to see Jason. His image appeared in front of them, he was in the big house along with Chiron and the others. Hundreds of books were sprawled around them.

"Good news." Jason said once he spotted them. "We found a way to capture Percy."

~

"Not a party person?" Annabeth coming around from behind Percy's throne. The king tore his eyes away from the party he was watching closely from his balcony. "I have more important issues to worry about." He said. He looked her up and down as he noticed she was dressed in a tight black strapless short dress. Her curls weren't tied back and her light makeup made her grey eyes stand out in the moonlight.