Chapter 9: Frank beats the lion.

Frank's POV: 

If I knew back then that Vincent was setting me up, I would've never agreed to do this. Come to think of it, I don't even know why I agreed to this. Was I trying to act strong, confident, trying to prove myself? Though the only thing I proved was that I was a coward, clearly because I acted like one when Percy stated the third rule.

If my Grandmother was here now and she saw what I did she would've yelled at me 'Zhang you can do better than that you no good teddy bear! Your ancestors never showed fear! They showed bravery! Now you go up there and kick that Vincent in the butt! Make me proud!' Just thinking of here yelling at me gave me a headache. 

I stayed at the back of the battle field, under the radar. Yep I would prefer that. A lot of campers came up to me, challenging me, but I disarmed them all and sent a few flying backwards when I turned into a Rhino. At this point I was getting tired of fending them off, more and more just kept coming. Seriously? How many villains are there? I wanted to end this and run to the woods, to try to find the flag. As much as I wanted to kill Vincent, I didn't want to come up face to face with him. 

So I had only one way: bring them down. The Zhangs way. I tried to spot Jason or Annabeth but I guess they were either in the woods battling a monster or trying to find the flag. Some of the campers in my team were still in the battlefield but I didn't care. As long as my friends aren't hurt, I'll destroy anyone in my way. 

I ran straight into the battle, turning into an elephant and smashing into all of them. I could imagine my grandma making fun of me: 'an elephant? Even I can do better than that Frank! Show them what you've got!'

Rage filled me and I turned into a dragon burning anyone in my path. I stopped and turned back into human form dropping to the ground.

The battle was silent around me, from demigods who were fading, to those who were running away, only one was on my mind. Vincent. That little nitwit wasn't hurt. He was standing at the other end, slowly clapping.

"Bravo Zhang bravo! Really an elephant? You can do much better than that, as I've heard." Was that my grandmother in disguise because seriously I wasn't doubting it. 

Vincent drew his sword out. He looked powerful with his lion cape on. Oh how badly I want to rip that thing into threads...hmmm. 

I stood up, I didn't need my bow and arrows now so I drew out my sword. 

"Your nothing against me Zhang!" he yelled.

"We'll see about that," I whispered.

With a battle cry Vincent charged towards me, I charged towards him too. 

Our swords met and the fight began, he stepped back and swung his sword towards my neck, but I stepped back causing him to stumble forward, but with his years of experience he jumped back and aimed his sword to my shoulder. I didn't react fast enough this time. 

I fell to the ground screaming, clutching the deep cut on my shoulder. "Whats the problem Franky? Am I too strong for you?" He laughed.  

He raised his sword above my neck, ready to end it. "This Zhang is how I make sure your dead, or at least to feel it." His raised his sword and bought it down.

It was like it was going in slow motion, giving me time to react and think.

FRANK ZHANG YOU LUNATIC! YOU NO GOOD GRANDSON GET UP AND GIVE THIS NITWIT A BEATING! My grandmother's voice played in my head. For once she finally said something that I find helpful.

Ignoring the pain I rolled away, just as the sword was about to slice through me. I jumped up and grabbed my sword.

Vincent's eyes flared, he pointed to one of his team mates who were bus watching our battle.