Chapter 19: The Pure and the Dark Part II

"No." Annabeth said, shaking her head in denial. "No, that can't be true. Percy isn't the demigod that represents the darkness."

"We're not saying he is, but he will be if we don't act fast." Hazel warned.

"Meanwhile, we should try figuring out who is the demigod that represents the light." Jason suggested.

Annabeth shot him a look that would've sent monsters running the other direction. Jason raised his hands in surrender. "Just saying, incase."

Annabeth continued pacing around the room, her mind at work. "Hazel, didn't you say that the black blood will be evident through a demigod's skin?"

"Yes. But when I read further into the book I found out that it could be hidden, if the demigod chooses to hide it. They will only be forced to show it if they are at their darkest peak." Hazel explained.

"So? Who has the nerve to anger Percy till he reaches his limit?" Leo asked.

"I don't suggest any of us tries to do that, trust me." Frank said.

"Then we'll never know, Percy might be hiding it, and no one wants to see him go dark mode on anyone." Jason said.

"Then what do you suggest we do? All you do is complain and state the obvious!" Annabeth yelled, her voice exploding in the cabin.

"Maybe you should've taken my advice in the beginning and left this cursed island when we had the chance to." Jason stated.

Piper rolled her eyes. "Please leave Jason, it would do us all a favor."

Jason chose to ignore her and went back to arguing with Annabeth. "Annabeth, can't you hear yourself? Percy's most likely gone, for good. Your so obsessed with making him good again your brining us all down with you!"

"For the last time, whoever wishes to leave, please do. I know who I'm dealing with." She walked away, grabbing her jacket before she left the cabin.

She stopped at the doorway and looked back at Jason one more time. "We might not know yet if Percy is fully gone, but all I know is that at the end, you'll be the demigod who represents the light."

***************

Annabeth stopped, hesitating to knock on the door. She was a bit too early for the meeting, no one was probably there. Hopefully no one would be there, she needed some alone time with him.

Annabeth knocked, she waited for a couple of minutes before the door opened by itself again. She walked in, a gasp escaping her mouth.

Percy had his arms wrapped around Octavia's waist, her hands buried in his hair, their lips wouldn't separate. Annabeth's loud gasp made them break apart.

Percy turned to face her, Octavia just kept smiling in Annabeth's direction. Percy folded his arms against his chest. "Are you always either early or late? No in between?" He asked, clearly irritated.

Annabeth recovered from her shock, pain consuming her body. "Sorry sir," she muttered as she took a seat on the round table.

Percy didn't say anything as he sat down, Octavia sitting next to him. Annabeth sat next to him at the other side.