Chapter 12: With Loss and Victory Part III

Wanted: Chapter 12: With Loss and Victory Part III

   'Percy, some things aren't meant to be controlled.' He kept hearing her words over and over again. They were like poison to his ears. The words were taming; and he couldn't be tamed. The way she said it that day, with fear in her eyes and her hands shaking as she uttered it, told him one thing: he was a monster. At first he was scared he would push the darkness down and hide it but the darkness can only be delayed not ignored. Day by day he grew weaker against it until he understood the truth. Why did the darkness lurk inside him and why did it demand to rise? There was only one reason. Because he was darkness himself, why lie to himself? Why lie when he was meant for causing destruction and bloodshed?

  He shouldn't hide, he told himself. I shouldn't hide my true self from everyone I know so that I couldn't hurt them. If they truly thought of me as a friend they would accept me, right? He kept telling himself that, telling himself to believe it. But then he heard her voice again. 'Percy some things aren't meant to be controlled.' And he drowned the darkness, letting it sink deep into himself again. He moved on, tried to move on. But every time he looked at the people he loved he began to resent them because they were the only things that were stopping him from becoming what he desired the most. Hate inflicted his body and he couldn't control it. How many times did he have to fake a smile or force a laugh because he had to act like he was still the same?

  The darkness was slowly rising inside of him again like water evaporating and rising to the air. The darkness reached his heart and he stopped denying who he truly was at that moment. He wanted to kill them all, all the ones he hated. He started simple, a simple kill but he was caught. He left. Why? Because the people he hated had an army to fight him, he had no one but himself. He wanted an army, needed an army. Until he found the army and took over. He was slowly binding his time, calculating his every move. He thought he was invincible and he will never be weakened again. But he still had a weakness. At night he would hear her voice. 'Percy some things aren't meant to be controlled.'

Piper's POV:

   You'll find Annabeth and you'll reach the docks on the other side of the island to check it out. Frank will be freed tomorrow night and you and the rest will reach the docks and sail away from here. You'll succeed.

  I kept telling myself that. It will workout, we'll escape and we'll all be safe. It was a long shot but worth it. I don't care that we failed and we couldn't bring Percy back to his senses, there's no brining him back; why come back from your true self?

  But I couldn't shake away the feeling. I'm scared, I won't hide it. What if we get caught trying to take a glimpse of the docks? If were taken to Percy after that he'll know. He'll figure out our plan and probably lock us all up from a place with no escape. Who knows what more this island has hidden.

  We're going to set out at ten o'clock sharp. An hour after curfew, everyone will be asleep and no one will notice us gone, hopefully. Though I don't think they mind us gone.

  We decided to stay in the cabin the whole day till night, we didn't want to go out there and cause trouble or draw attention to ourselves. I glanced at Jason who sat at the other end of the room on his bed. His head was down and he was playing with an object in his hands.

  I got up from my bed and made my way towards him. "Hey? You okay, or just nervous?" I asked sitting down next to him and placing my head on his shoulders.

He shook his head. "I'm fine. Just trying to imagine what could happen tonight."

I nodded, I didn't know how to replay to that. "What's that object in your hand?"