Chapter 13: Dark Love

Wanted

Chapter 13: Dark Love

Annabeth's POV:

    She only remembered pain. The pain that came from the contact of the whip with her skin, the pain that caused blood to cover her skin. But the real pain didn't come from the whip, the true pain, that hurt the most came from him. From someone she deeply loved and looked up to, even till now despite the consequences she still, deep down, loved him.

  She remembered his bloodshot eyes, looking into hers. She had hoped she would see mercy and love in them. But she saw nothing but hatred and vengeance. He told her she was the cause of his downfall, that she corrupted him. She would never forget it when she told him 'Percy not everything is meant to be controlled.' He told her that she was wrong, that she was the cause he couldn't embrace his full powers.

But Annabeth wouldn't have stopped him that day, she would've let him be who he wanted to be, but she would've let him do it right. She would have never left his side. But its his fault, he chose to lock his true self up. It wasn't her fault he let go.

She began to stir, fearing what she would see if she woke. But then she heard his voice, far away in the back of her mind. "We're staying together. You're not getting away from me. Never again." He said it to her when they were dangling above Tartarus. Percy didn't give up on her that day, didn't let go of her. That day she told him. "As long as we're together." And he let go and they fell. Just like him, she wouldn't give up on him. He never gave up on her. She will get him back, if it was the last thing she had to do.

  "Annabeth? Annabeth, do you hear me it's Piper." She caught her best friend's voice from far away, trying to bring her back to reality. She didn't want to go back there, she wanted to stay in her unconsciousness forever.

Her wish wasn't granted; her eyes began to open. She blinked wildly trying to sharpen her vision.

  Annabeth sat up violently, a gasp escaping her mouth. Her cheek was wet with tears and her body pumped with pain.

"She's awake!" Piper yelled as the others rushed towards her.

Events of the day before flashed back into her head. "How did I get from the cave to our cabin?"  She managed to ask, her throat was dry.

"We saved you silly." Piper said stroking her hair.

  Annabeth's eyes widened. "Are you crazy! Do you know what Percy will do to us once he finds out?"

"Calm down Annabeth. He let us take you. And today Frank will be released." Hazel said with a smile.

  Annabeth couldn't understand why her friend was smiling. Percy was letting them win too easily, surely they were smart enough to realize that.

She shook her head. "You guys don't get it, do you? That's what Percy does, it's a game he plays. He's letting us win without a fight. He's up to something."

"Don't you think we know." Jason said, sitting on the end of the bed. "But we had no choice. But don't you worry, once Frank is set free were getting off this island."

"No were not!" Piper yelled, standing up and facing him.

Jason stood up, "don't you understand Piper! Its for your safety, everyone's safety. Percy is gone!"

"No!" Annabeth yelled, causing silence to be born in the cabin. "Look I don't know what is it you were all planning, but I'm not leaving this island without Percy. We came here for him; we leave with him."