Chapter eight

Mathew's P.O.V.

I laughed as I watched Eric run up the stairs with his tail between his legs. He really thinks I would be mad at him for telling our parents? I mean yeah it wasn't how I would have liked to tell them but it got the job done and it was something I now didn't have to worry about.

Shaking my head I picked up angel and set her on my hip. "Wanna go and destroy his pillow fort?"

"YES!"

"I go too!" Sam yelled standing at my feet.

"Alright, let's go!" I set angel down and they ran up the stairs before stopping at the top.

"Last door on the right." Eric's mom Julie said.

"Thanks." With that I left the living room and ran up the stairs after the two short ones.

"Shh, we have to be quiet." I told them with my finger on my mouth. They both giggled and put their finger over their mouths like I had mine.

We tip toed to Eric's room to see the door is slightly open still. He didn't close it all the way which was odd. But I didn't think to much on it as I slowly opened to door trying to stay quiet. If he didn't hear us than there was really something wrong the twins keep giggling. I opened the door all the way and looked around the room to see if I could find Eric. It was dark with the binds shut. His room was a lot messier than I first thought it would be. I walked over to the bed slowly before jumping on it with all the force I could come up with. The bed squeaked under my weight and from the way I through my self on it but Eric wasn't in the bed. Must be in the bathroom.

"Sorry kiddos he's not here. I think he might be in the bathroom. Go back down stairs to mom and I'll get him and be down soon okay?"

"Otay!" The both screamed cheerfully.

I laid back on his bed for a moment waiting to see if he'll come back into his room. That's when I felt a cold chill. I looked over to the window and saw that even though the binds were closed the window it's self was open. There was something that didn't feel right. He wouldn't have run away just because he thought I was mad right? I started to leave his room when I noticed that there was a claw mark down the back of the door going along the wall. I touched it only for it to burn my fingers. I smell the wall, yes I know it's really weird but if there's a sent I might be able to tell where the claw mark came from and why it burned my fingers.

Wolfsbane. That's why. Wolfsbane is toxic to werewolves if gotten into the blood stream. Granted I'm only half, but it would still have an effect. That wasn't the only smell. It was a mix between wolfsbane, mint, and lavender. It was really odd. I looked down at my hand to see that the burn hasn't gone away but seems to have gotten worse. It traveled from my finger tips all the way to my palm. It didn't hurt much before but now it does.

I slam the door open and run down stairs to the living room. Sam and Angel were playing off in a corner and our parents were talking. I keep my hand behind me so I don't freak them out.

"Hey mom. I have a question."

"Huh? What is it dear?"

"What are the effects of wolfsbane?"

"It gives off a smell that makes you feel sick and if touched will give you a first degree burn its nothing to really worry about. Only touching it for a few seconds will heal in no time at all but if touched for long periods of time it can cause a second degree burn that needs to be treated. Why do you ask?"

"Ugh, well." I hold out my hand noticing that once again it's a lot worse. It looks as though I stuck my hand in a fire for a good twenty minutes. Okay a bit dramatic but it is really red, and irritated. 

"Oh my." My mom got up from the couch and walked over to me. She reached for my hand but I pulled it away.

"I touched wolfsbane. I don't want it to rub off onto you."

"Matt, I've been around a while it's fine at most it will just sting like a paper cut. Give me your hand."

I reached out and let her take my hand in hers. She looked at it for a few minutes, flipping it over a few times. I suddenly got sharp burning pains on both wrist, both ankles, and one going down my back. I made a face which made Alex look at me weird.

"Why the face? You act as though your mother is hurting you."

"No, not her. My hand actually doesn't hurt anymore. It's kinda numb."

Again Alex gave me a weird look. My mom pushed up my jacket sleeve just to get it out of her way. She was trying to figure out what was wrong with my hand and why I reacted so badly. Looking down at my hand again I noticed my wrist was really red. Taking my hand back I pulled up my pant legs to look at my now red ankles, then pulled my sleeve up to see my other red wrist. Why is this happening?

"Dear goddess. The marks look as though you've been kept in chains." Eric's mom said standing up then walking towards me.

"You don't think." Eric's dad starts but doesn't finish what he was saying. It made me a bit confused.

"Matt, did Eric mark you?"

"Yea, just this morning." I said pulling my shirt away from my neck to show off the mark.

"Eric, wasn't in his room when you went up there was he?"  Eric's mom asked.

"Nope, it was really messy in there does that boy ever clean his room?"

"Where did you touch the wolfsbane?"

"Eric's room, why?" She asks a lot of questions.

Everyone looked at someone else in the room before all turning back to me. A sharp burning pain went down my back again but this time it hurt worse and I let out a light scream. For some reason I didn't have any strength left and fell to my knees.

"Matt, you're bleeding."  My mom bent down next to me and touched my shoulder. I was expecting it to hurt but it didn't. I was numb all over.

"Julie go check Eric's room to see if he's there. I'll get the car. We need to take Matt to the pack doctor right away."

"Julie I'll go with you so you aren't alone in case something were to happen. Rosalie, you stay with Matt so if it gets worse he won't be alone." Everyone nodded and went their different ways.

A few minutes later, Alex and Eric's mom came running down the stairs.
"Eric's missing."

I didn't ever think there would be two words that would make my heart fall to my stomach as quickly as it did when Alex said those two words. Eric's missing. Where could he be? Those two words that made my heart drop also made me feel more powerful.

~mate, want mate, must find, NOW!

I for the first time ever heard my wolf. It only took me finding then losing my mate to get him. I agreed with him though. We need Eric with us. We can't go on with out having him. Just the sound of his voice would make me feel better right now. I want him. His soft touch that made me feel like my stomach was filled with butterfly's, his husky voice whispering in my ear, his sent of mint and honey, his beautiful ice blue eyes. All of him, everything about him I want back. No, I don't want him. I need him. He's my other half. I've known him for all of two days but I need him. The goddess wouldn't give me some one I didn't need.

I slowly stood back up before I ran to the door. I swung the door wide open and ran out into the yard shifting into my wolf. I'll be able to get his sent better this way. The last thing I hear before completely letting my wolf take control was my mom screaming my name.