Chapter Eleven

Eric's P.O.V.

We walked through the woods for a while until I had the idea to take Matt to the creek. I made sure he was still behind me every now and than. I was making sure that he hadn't gone back to Ally's house and torn her to shreds. He was silent the whole way and kept his head down looking at the ground as if he was deep in thought. I wonder what he could be thinking of.

We got to the creek right after sun down. I sat down by the creek, still in my wolf form, and watched Matt come sit next to me. He was looking at the creek. I nudged his side trying to get his attention. He just laid down and put his head on his front paws, sighing deeply. I wonder what's wrong. I shifted back into my human form and started to pet his head.

"Matt, is there something wrong? If there is you can tell me. I'm your mate. I'm here for you, I'm not planing on going anywhere."

He just laid there still not shifting back or even making a sound to let me know he heard me. Could it be that he can't shift back? Is this his first shift? If he can't shift back he can't leave the woods. Or is this really just a wolf and I've been thinking its Matt because I really want to see him.

"Matt, if you even are Matt, are you having trouble shifting back? Is that why you haven't shifted back? Or is this the first time you've ever shifted? Please, just nod your head or something to let me know your actually listening to me. I'll try to help in any way I can you just have to let me know what's going on."

He looked at me for a second before quickly turning away. Remembering I'm standing here naked in my human form I realize why he looked away. Yep, this is definitely Matt. He's being shy. Even as a big bad wolf, he's still the same. Shy and innocent as usual. I let out a chuckle and start to shack my head.

"Still the same as always I see. Even when you're a big bad wolf, you're shy and innocent. You're just to cute, it's not fair."

He put one of his paws over his snout like he was trying to cover his eyes. He really is to cute for his own good.

"Matt, we should go home. I'm sure that the pack doctor can help." He nodded but still wouldn't look at me. I chuckled then shifted. I nudged his side. He looked over at me. 

We walked back to the Alpha's house. Our parents were sitting on the porch talking. They over to us. Rosalie got a worried look on her face when she saw that Matt was still in his wolf form. 

"I knew this would happen." She said sounding really upset. "He can't shift back."

"What do you mean he can't shift back?" My mom asked.

"He isn't a full wolf he's part human. I was told that if he ever got really mad or upset about something and ended up shifting he wouldn't be able to shift back. He'll be stuck in his wolf form. What are we going to do? My baby will be a wolf for the rest of his life." Rosalie was now in tears. Alex hugged her trying to get her to calm down. Why didn't Matt tell me? Why would he shift into a wolf if he knew he wouldn't be able to change back? What was he thinking?

~I was thinking I would lose you. I didn't care want happened to me as long as I knew you were okay. 

I looked over to Matt. He just used a mind link to talk to me. Only Alphas can do that. I guess he really was meant to be an Alpha. I snuggled next to him. He knew he wouldn't be able to be human again, he knew he would be stuck as a wolf never to walk on two legs again, and yet he still did it because he felt such a pull to save me he didn't care. The goddess really did bless me. He put him self at risk not only to keep me alive but also put aside his human side. 

~I didn't want to lose you. I was afraid. I understand if you don't want to have me around now that I can't shift back. 

~ARE YOU STUPID! I WON'T LET YOU GO ANYWHERE! You're my mate. Regardless of the problem we have now we'll find a way to stay together. Matt, I'm not letting you go anywhere.