Chapter Seventeen

Eric's P.O.V

We get into class and sit down. The teacher starts to call roll. Matt's playing on his phone or texting i cant tell which. His face all of a sudden changes from smiling to himself to looking like someone just died. He grabbed his bag off the floor and stood up. Everyone looked back at him but he didn't seem to care. I grabbed his wrist as he started to move from his seat. The warmth from his skin against mine sent tingles up my arm. It most have done the same to him because he looked at me. I held a questioning look but all I got in return was the look of regret and like he was trying to apologize to me. He ripped his hand away from me and walked out of the room. I mind linked him.

~Matt, why did you run out of class?

~Sorry Eric I got a stomachache I'll be fine. I'll see you soon don't worry so much.

~Okay.

Him telling me not to worry makes me really worried. I could tell he was lying to me. Why would he lie to me? What did I do wrong? I most have done something wrong. Maybe it's because I wouldn't mate with him the other day. Or maybe I said something to hurt his feelings. Did he want to tell the school about us and I just not know about it?

I spent the whole day until lunch worrying about things. Matt never once showed back up to class. Now I'm really worried about him. I should call him to make sure he's okay. I go to pick up my phone and call him but am interrupted by Jenna, I think her name was. She's Matt's new buddy.

"Eric, have you seen Matt? I haven't seen or heard from him since this morning." Great if he hasn't even talked to his new friend since this morning something bad most of happened.

"Dam it." I slam my hand on my desk then got up and grabbed my bag. Jenna jumped back a few inches and got out of my way. Something's wrong. Not only did he lie to me, he hasn't talked to his friend. I have to find out what happened.

I run out of the class room with Jenna calling my name after me. I got to my car and realized it was locked. Matt's school books were thrown into the back seat. He really was trying to make it seem like he's okay and that i shouldn't worry but of course the more he trys to keep me from worrying the more I'll worry. I unlocked it and put the keys on the drivers seat. I throw my bag into the back seat with all of Matt's school books, grab the keys off the drivers seat, got in the car and started it. I pulled out of the school parking lot and headed to he's house.

I pulled into the drive way of his house. His sent was just starting to fade, meaning he was here a few hours ago. I knock on the front door hoping Rosalie would be home and say she just sent him out to do something for her but no one answered. I walked off the porch and noticed out of the corner of my eye that the door to the garage was opened slightly. I pushed the door open and noticed that Matt's sent was starting to fade in here as well. One of Alex's cars that he has more for show was missing. I walked to the door that went into the house. It was unlocked so I went in. I walked throw the house and into the kitchen.

On the fridge there was a note from Matt. Telling his parents that he's gone out with me somewhere as a surprise date and that well be back before it gets to late. So he not only lied to me but he was planing on lying to his parents and make me apart of the lie. I left the way I came in making sure to lock the doors behind me. I got into my car and drove home.

I unlocked the door and walked into the kitchen to find my mom and Rosalie. Rosalie was in tears. What happened? Did she find out that Matt ran away with Alex's car?

"What happened?" I asked her.

"Angel is gone. I was working out in the yard with her this morning and I turned around for just a second. When I turned back around she was gone. I don't know what to do. She should have been at daycare with Sam but she didn't want to go so I let her stay home. I should have made her go. She would be safe." She was having trouble talking with how hard she was crying.

"That's why he left." I was thinking out loud which wasn't the best idea but oh well.

"Why who left?" My mom asked.

"Uh, well. Matt was in class this morning and everything was fine. Then he looked down at his phone and he got really pale. Than with out any warning he grabbed his bag and ran out of class giving me an apologetic look before he left. I went to his house to see if he just wasn't feeling well and went home but no one was there and one of Alex's cars was gone. The only thing that was there was a note for Rosalie and Alex that said not to worry he was out on a surprise date with me and would be home later tonight. I knew that was a lie because when he left school he told e he had a stomachache. He most have gotten a text about Angel and thought he had to take it upon his self to go get her back."

"We have to call him and talk some sense into him.We don't know where he's going or if he could be in danger." Rosalie said wiping tears off her face.

I nodded and took out my phone. I dialed his number hoping he would pick up. It rang a few times before going to voice mail. I kept trying to call for the next hour but still the same thing. It would ring a few times then go to voice mail. He wasn't answering but I knew he had his phone on him and it was still turned on. I gave up trying to call him and ran up to my room for my laptop. I stepped into my room to notice all my stuff had been moved to Matt's house because I didn't want to be here after what happened.

I ran back down stairs and grabbed my keys off the kitchen counter. My mom and Rosalie both gave me a weird look. But I don't care right now I have to find my mate before he does something really stupid. I ask Rosalie for the house key and once I get it I get in the car and drive to the house. Once there I unlocked the front door and ran up to his room. I find my laptop on his desk and turn it on. I hope I know how to track phones.

I spend the next close to eight hours trying to find out where he is. Rosalie and my mom came over a few hours ago and asked if I wanted help or if I wanted food or anything. But until I find my mate I'm not going to do anything but look. I have been at this for hours and I still can't find him. He must have turned off his phone or the gps on it. I leaned back in the desk chair. My back is killing me. This chair wasn't meant to be sat in for eight hours straight. I heard the front door open. His sent hit me like a ton of bricks.

I instantly got up and ran down stairs. Standing at the front door was Matt holding onto Angel. They both looked to be fine. But that won't stop me from checking every where on him to make sure he doesn't have bruises or even scratches somewhere. Rosalie took Angel from Matt, nearly hugging her to death. She was crying again happy that they were home.

I slowly walked from the bottom of the stairs over to Matt. He just looked at me. His eyes told me he was sorry but the rest of his face showed relief. If he was expecting me to hug him and kiss him because hes back hes going to have a rude awakening. When I go to him I slapped him as hard as I could across his face. Rosalie and my mom gasped. He slowly raised his hand to his stinging face and looked at me in disbelief.

"And where have you been exactly? What the hell were you thinking? If something would have happened to you I wouldn't be able to live with my self." He just looked at me with a surprised expression. "Yes, I've been worried sick. I just spent the last eight hours sitting in your hard a$$ desk chair trying to track your phone. You had your pregnant mother in tears. What the hell?!"

I finally broke and grabbed him. I pulled him in for a hug. I put my head in his neck and just inhaled his sent. The longer I held him the calmer I felt. His arms went around me. He kept saying he was sorry over and over again. Sigh. I swear this boy will be the death of me.