The question is why} Chapter 6

Chapter 6:
Stephanie's pov:

Waking up in sunny San Diego made my heart ache. I wanted to be with sean and jonathan. At home. Being a happy family. But I couldn't be upset, not at this point. I had the choice of not coming and I came.

I grabbed my phone and got up and walked outside on my balcony.

Looking over the water and taking in the morning sun and ocean. I quickly went to go get ready for breakfast.

"Goodmorning" I said to Phoebe and Charles  as we headed out to our favorite cafe "Diego in the sun" (idk it's made up )

My phone started to ring.
"Darling" Meaning jon.

"Goodmorning darling" I say as I pick up. Charles looked over with sad eyes, Phoebe not noticing anything.

"Goodmorning sweetie. How was last night?" He asks.

"Good. The flight was nice, but I'm missing you guys" I say.
"Missing you too babe. Say how would you feel about going to barcelona the 6th of july?" He asks.

My face instantly lights up to a smile.

He knew it was my dream vacation.

"How?" Is all I ask.
"Well if I remeber clearly. You told me while we were drunk that whatever happens between us. Meaning we broke up or got married I'd owe you a fucking trip to barcelona or got help your ass" he says revising everything I said.

"Man I'm a cherry person" I say giggling.
"Yes. Yes you are. So you in?"
"You just want the damn answer don't you today?" I say sarcastically.
"I mean it would be nice, babe" he says.

Gosh. Babe. Haven't been called that in awhile. I've been called darling, sweetie or dear.

"I would love to accompany you, babe" I say.

"Than its a trip" he says.
"Then it's a trip" I reply.

"Well I will let you go love. Sean and I are going to the zoo with patrick and amanda. Should be fun" he says.
"It should. Do take pictures" I reply.
"It'll take lots of pictures don't worry" he says.

"Pack sunscreen and snacks. Oh lots of water and apple juice.." I ramble.

"Doooont worry. I asked abby and she told me everything I needed" he says. Making me feel relived.

"Well you all have fun. I'll see you guys in two days, ok?" I say.
"I'll see you then. I love you" he says.
"I love you too" I reply. And after that we hang up.

"How's jon?" Charles asks.
"Oh. Ya how's jon and that little bundle of joy theo." Phoebe pipes in 
"They are both doing extremely well. Also stick to my kid phobes" I say laughing.

"SEAN is doing good. his treatment is doing very good. Doctors are optimistic about playing hockey or whatever he wants to do. Jon is doing very well. Playing good  aswell" I say smiling.

Thinking of jon getting sean ready to go to the zoo.

"Stop smiling. It'll make me really happy." Phoebe says.

"Sorry...didn't realize it" I say.

I look over at Charles who is staring at me.

I look away not wanting any "thoughts"

"So does sean interact in hockey at all?" Phoebe asks.
"Mm. He likes to fling a baby stick and a ball everywhere that he can. Nothing more" I say sipping my tea. She nods.

"When do the doctors think he will speak." She asks.

"Well studies show that preemie boys take up to 20 months to speak but with the signs of sounds and stuff like that, they are saying around 15 months. So about 6 months almost." I say