Change of heart}chapter 12

Stephanie pov}

"What does it mean?" Jon asked while we were sprawled out on our bed.

"It means that I was like everyone else. Looked like everyone. Meaning I got whatever was left over because other women had already got it because there blond or blue eyed. 5'10. I was a petite model and brunette and hazel eyes. I never mattered" I said thinking about numerous calls I got saying "I didn't fit" "I'm not what we're looking for" "maybe dye your hair blonde" it brought tears to my eyes.

"It still hurts to this day because I still don't get anything" I finally let those words escape.

"I know how you feel" he said.

I turned over and propped my self on my elbows and looked at him.

Curious.

"You. Jonathan. Toews. Had a hard time?" I asked. He chuckled.

"A few times" he said.

"I mean some teams that I wanted to join. Said I was too small. Puny. But ya know" he said turning into a cocky son of a bitch.

"Hey! You made it. You proved them wrong" I said scooting closer and kissing him.

I kissed his chest. Neck. Jaw bone. Then I found myself staring into his eyes. I was now wrapped around his torso. My hands were relaxed against his cheeks.

I didn't want this anymore.

I retracted me hands and nervously put my hair to my left side of neck.

"What's wrong?" He asked. Putting his hands on my outer thighs.

Note I'm wearing underwear and only a tank with no bra.

"Nothing" I said as I closed my eyes and put my hand through my hair. I nervously laughed and got up.

I quickly put on my robe and grabbed my phone. Turning to the door, I heard Jon sighing. Angrly.

I turned back to him.

"Sorry I made you mad but, I'm not feeling the greatest" he nodded and waved it off.

He was sitting on the edge of the bed and had his elbows on his knees.

Walking towards the door and walking into the hallway.

My phone started to ring.

I looked down and saw "Benn" I got confused and realized it was jons phone not mine.

I had to pick it up or he will think it's Jon ignoring him.

"Hello?" I asked shocked at my tone.

"Jonathan?" He asked.

"No. It's his wife. Stephanie. Do you need to speak to Jon?" I asked.

"No it's alright. I just had a question about team canada. Tell him when he gets a chance to call me" he said.

"Ok" was all I said.

A few seconds past.

"Aren't you gonna hang  up?" I giggled.

He chuckled. "Oh right. I'll talk to you later" he said.

"Ya. You too" and with that he hanged up.

"Hey Jon, I took the wrong phone-" I asked walking in on him changing.

I instantly felt uncomfortable. He turned around smirking.

"Like what you see" he said cocky like.

"Ya-ya" I half smiled. Nervous of coarse.

"Sorry. Thought it was mine" I said looking at the floor.

"You sure you ok?" He asked taking his phone. He then felt my head.

I looked up and smiled widely.

"Perfect. Tres bien" I said. I then grabbed my phone and quickly got out of the room.

I made my way to the other bathroom. The guest one.

I locked the door, and called  Chaunette.

"Chaun, I need help" I told her.

"What's wrong? And why did you call me at 2 in the morning?" She said in a groggy voice.

"Well Jon and I were laying down and we were talking and I went to kiss him but I couldn't." I said.

"Why? Are you on your-" I cut her off.

"No and it doesn't feel right" I said truthfully.

"Oh god. Really steph. After a year of marriage you now feel these feelings" she said.

"I know. I don't know what to do" I said a few stray tears coming out.

"Time will only tell. Give it a bit. It should pass over" she says.

"I'm afraid it wont"

"What do you want to do?" She asked.

"I don't know." I sighed looking up at the ceiling.

"Do you still love him?" She asked.

"I don't know. Yes" I say itching my ear. Weird I know 😂

"Well you think about it. Just please don't chea-" I cut her off. "Well how the hell am I supposed to figure this out." I asked frustrated.

"Stephanie. Please not you'll make him feel worse" she said. I knew what that meant.

"I know. I know" I said.

"Fuck. You already have your eyes on someone. Don't you?" She said excited.

"Chaun you know I don't" I leaned my head against the wall.

"I know you do" she said giggling.

"Chaun why are you up?" I hear Andrew in the background.

"Shh go back to bed, I'll be done a in a few" she replies.

"You figure this out. I'll give you a few days. If you want the papers I'll send them. Please think about this" she says.

"Papers?!" Andrew screams in the background.

"Aw naw" he says.

"Ok that's my cue. Goodnight" and with that she fell asleep.

I stood up eyeing myself. I felt my stomach.

Can't believe it.

Wish it could be his.