Where I'm meant to be}Chapter 8

Stephanie's pov:
I know the dude looks super scrawny but whatever

Jon and I walk outside to the lake. The sun is starting to rise.
We wanted a little personal time together.

"It's beautiful" I say. Jon nods. "I always lied to my parents. I always told them that I would go for a morning run but instead. You see that little bush over there" he says pointing. I nod. "Well there are trees. And let's just say I used to be an explorer and would climb them. Look out over the lake. See the first light Everyday for 4 years" he says. I smile.

"See in chicago I was never allowed to do that. See there's crazy people during the day. No matter what day during sunlight hours. I was told it was never safe. So I never saw the sunrises. But now. I do. Say if you're away I'll do a walk with sean, but when your home" I snuggle closer into his arm. "I get to sleep in" I say giving an michivous grin. He cracked one too.

"How long is this path?I'm not complaining but I think I'm going to need a swim soon" I say. Jon chuckles.

"Well I did ask you to wear you bathing suit for a reason. Didn't i." He says grinning.

"You sneaky boy I say smacking his chest playfully. I start to jog and take off my gym shoes, shorts and light yoga jacket. It's quite chilly without the sun here.

He starts to do the same. I run into the water and dive in. The waves were a little more energetic today. Arms come up around me. I cing onto the arms.

He spins me around and I feel like I'm in heaven. This is where I'm meant to be, it's what I am meant to be doing.

I slowly turn myself around so that I'm facing jonathan. He smiles down at me. Moving some pieces of hair out of my eyes.

"You're beautiful. You know" he says. "So I've been told, captain" I say.

Remebering when we called eachother that.

"You're exquisite. You know that" I say. "So I've been told,my queen"

"I thought you were gonna call me handsome" he says looking up highty mighty.

"You are" I say.

I look towards the sun. Now high above everyone and everything.

" Should we head back?" "It's about 7. My mom is probably up making breakfast" he says. I nod. Thinking about food.

We get out and actually lay on a rock.

" Steph" jon says.

"Mm" I reply.
"Can I ask you something?" He asks.
"Yes I reply.
"What happend when you were 16 exactly?" He asks.

"Well I was in a relationship for 2 years meaning starting freshman year and ending senior year. We went to a party and I got super wasted. I thought he was as well. He told me he was taking me home, and he didn't. Instead he took me to his car and rap..raped me" I say getting every last word. Jonathan gave me a symaptic look. He grabbed my right hand and moved his thumb back and fourth slowly.

"I was pulled from school. Moved to a new district and put in new school. I haven't seen him since. I don't want to. He disgusts me. To be honest I can tell you I would be scared to see him now. What he was capable of, makes me scared of what he is capable of now."

"No one knows this, not even chaunette. Only my parents. He also treated me like shit. I thought I was in love aswell. He told me he loved me. Then he snapped. He became abusive. Fights that never resolved. He pressured me" I say. "Then why did you stay? " he asks.

"I thought I loved him and my parents were getting funded by his father. Who owed a great deal to my father and he paid for the church and everything. I wouldn't be surprised if he still was" I say. He nods.