Third Chance}Chapter 7

Jonathans pov:

About a few months ago in may, stephanie left sean and I. Chaunette and Elina did everything to find her and once they did, she agreed to come to canada to work things out. See the team and I did not win the cup sadly, but I was alright with that so I could spend my first summer with my baby boy.

Right now sean, my brother david, my mom and dad are sitting outside in canada. We're enjoying a barbecue and eachothers presence.

My family was never mad at stephanie. I guess my mother had done something similar as a teen so she understood. As long as she agreed to come talk and ofcoarse because she left sean with me at a ruff time they were happy.

"Sean. No you can't have that. That's for daddy" I say while he is trying to grab my beer bottle.

My mother's eyes flick past me. I look over my shoulder and see Stephanie.

Beautiful as ever.

She smiles shyly and waves. Her eyes move to Sean. Sean is unaware. He keeps trying to reach and grab my bottle.

I look back to Sean and then my mom reaches for him. I hand him to her and sit up to meet Stephanie.

She motions towards the house. I nod and walk behind her, with my hand on her back.

We walk in and she sits on the chair.

"I see you still have your ring" she says pointing st my left hand. I nod.

"I never took it off" I point out. She sighs.

"I never signed the papers, none of them" she looks up after that.

"Why" she asks calmly. "I couldn't do it. I didn't want to give up on you. I will never give up on you" I say.

"Even with all the shit I've put you through with Charles and brandon?" She asks.

I shake my head.

"I love you. I love you so goddamn much. I never stopped. Never since the day I met you" I say grabbing her hands while sitting down next to her.

"I never wanted to hurt you...or anyone. Exspecially you and sean" she says quietly. She starts to cry. I wipe them away.

"I know" I say. "I miss you. I miss us. As a family. As a whole I say. She nods.

"I do too" she says. I smile, as she does.

"I'm sorry for what I did with Charles. I was vulnerable and he knew that. And what I said about how you make me feel. I take it back, I take it all back" she says. I nod.

"I forgive you. I know you never meant to do it or hurt me. That's how much trust and faith I have in you. Ok?" I say.

"So does this mean another chance?" she asks.
"Yes this does" I say.

"I've lost you before, I'm not going to lose you again. I'm never letting go" I say.

"I love you" she says excitedly.

"And I love you" I say.

Relief washes over her face.

I stare into her eyes and I go to my happy place. I go back to the feeling I get whenever I'm with her.

And I kiss her. She kisses back.

My hands find her face and pull away slowly. I kiss her head and hug her.

"May I see sean?" She asks.

I look at her like she is crazy.

"Why are you asking? He's your son too" I say.