Our reality}chapter 10

Stephanie

It all happend so fast. All a blur. He lifted his head and it bled even more.

Dozens of people surrounded me and injected things. While that was all happening the car sped off. Jonathan found my hand, throughout all of this. I couldn't feel, but I could see. He smiled, but I knew it was pained. We just stared at eachother. Not wanting to look away, and not see one another.

~~~~~~

As I layed  there in the hospital bed. I counted 1...2....3....4.... Etc.

I stared at the walls.

White. to be exact.

Jonathan was talking to the doctor.
They were talking physical therapy, and more surgery.

I had two temporary paralyzed hands/wrists. Through time, I will regain control and feeling. Then there was surgery to repair some ribs where the piece of metal was.

To be honest it still hurt as fuck. They removed it and stitched me up. I was left with 3 broken ribs and a ripped artery.

Jonathan shortly came back in.

He was smiling. With sparkles in his eyes.

"Doc told me you have 3 months of therapy. Then they will check your wrists and hands and see from there. The worst case scenario,you never recover feeling fully" he said. I nodded.

"Why so calm?" He asked grabbing my hand.

Oh, how I wish I could feel his warmth

"I don't know...maybe it's whatever they have me on that's making me calm" I said smiling. He chuckled. "You are a bit loopy"
He smiled as well looking down.
~~~~~~

Nightmare
"Jon if anything happens to me just know I love you. With all this blood just know you were and always will be"  he put his head to my chest. "

"Please don't say that Stephanie" Jon said.

"But it's true, I can't be saved" and with that I drew my last breath.

"Stephanie no! YOu CANT BE DEAD! No please God!" He screamed while people were rushing off the truck.

"Steph!"
"Steph"
"Stephanie"

End of nightmare

I woke up to someone shaking my shoulders lightly. I looked up to Jon.

"Jonathan" i said crying.

"Shh. It's only a nightmare" he said resting me in his arms. Kissing my head numerous times.

"But it felt so real" I said. "I know. I know steph" he said. I kissed his arm.

"Know that I love your day I'm reaching for the stars" and with that I passed out.

Jons pov
(Aye what up😟😂)

"What do you mean?" I asked furiously. 3 hours ago, she was perfectly fine. And now 'slim chances'

"She's lost so much blood, and with us not getting there in t-" I interrupted. "Fuck if you didn't get there on time. I'll pay for anything to make sure she survives. What will it take?" I ask getting desperate.

"I'm afraid no money, will save her anymore. I'm sorry mr.toews" and with that he walked away leaving me devastated.

"Mom" I croaked.
"Jon what's wrong?!" She asked nervously.

"Steph might no-not mak- make it" I go out.
"Oh Jon. I know it won't help but I'm sorry if you want us to come we will. We will do anything sweetie" she said.
"No it's alright. I don't want you guys to fly out here" "it's too far" I said.
"Darling, get Patrick. He's your best friend" she said.
"No. The team will find out and p-" she cut me off.
"Do you want to fuck your career? Jon I've seen you play when your upset and angry and you ruin it. You ruin what's so strong, pure, meaningful and real. Tell them. Most importantly tell Q" she said. I sighed.
"Your right. Thanks ma" I said.
"Everything for my two sons" she replied.