Part Four

Part Four:

It was a boring job. Annabeth, Piper and Calypso stood guard around the flag, which was located on the top of Zeus's fist. So far, there was only an eerie silence around them. They could hear the distant sound of sword against shield, but for now they just had to wait.

Suddenly, there was a rustle in the bushes near where Annabeth was standing. Percy leapt out, Riptide in hand, and attacked Annabeth who defended just as quickly as he had attacked. But her energy was subsiding. Fast. She didn't know whether it was from the baby or the fact that Percy was fighting her.

Annabeth dropped her knife. She pretended to fall over, and instantly Percy was checking to see if she was okay. As quick as lightning, Annabeth pounced on top of him and pinned him to the ground.

"Can't beat me that fast, Seaweed Brain." She smirked.

Accepting defeat, Percy sighed. "Fine. I lose."

There was another thump, and Jason yelling out sorry, then another thump and Piper cried: "Ha! Got you!"

Annabeth grabbed some rope and tied Percy to a nearby tree. Then she ran to help Piper with Jason, and once they had taken Leo, they were left with silence and the pleas of the boys.

Suddenly, there was a roar of victory and Clarisse came parading into the clearing, brandishing the other team's flag. "We won!" She bellowed.

"Yes!" Piper cried, hugging Annabeth and Calypso. "Yes!"

•••

Annabeth was exhausted. She collapsed onto her bed in the Poseidon cabin and fell asleep to Percy's arms wrapped around her. It didn't matter that she was still dressed in her camp shirt, all she cared about was Percy's arms holding her tightly and his familiar ocean scent.