Part Twenty-Seven:

Part Twenty-Seven:

"L-Leo?" Calypso choked, staring at her boyfriend in shock while silent tears fell down her face.

Leo broke away from the girl and turned to face Calypso. He had a dazed expression on his face, one that Calypso knew. It was the same expression that came over someone's face after Piper had charmspoken them to do something, and with a quick feeling of relief, Calypso knew that it wasn't Leo's fault.

"Oh, it's you." Leo said in a monotone.
"Baby, lets go inside." The Aphrodite girl purred, placing a hand on Leo's chest. She looked like a barbie doll with curled blonde hair piled on top of her head and dazzling, bright blue eyes. Her face was covered in makeup and she wore a dress that was far too short and showed way too much.

He turned to grin at her. "I'll see you there. Firstly I need to deal with her." He gestured towards Calypso.

Calypso felt her heart break. As soon as the girl had disappeared inside Bunker Nine, she stormed up to Leo and slapped him across the face.

"You little scum." She hissed, slapping him again. Something had come over her. Her heart had been broken too many times before and she needed to let out some anger that had been bottled up for hundreds of years.
Leo's eyes widened. Some of the daze cleared from them. "Calypso, it's not what it looks like!"

"Yeah, well I guess I thought wrong about you." She snapped, slapping him again. "I thought you would be different; you wouldn't be like other heroes who ditched me because they didn't love me back. I thought you would be different. And then when you rescued me, I knew I was right. But I guess I was wrong."

"Calypso, wait--"

She glared at him, and for the first time in her life she felt a strong sense of hatred, not towards Leo, but towards Aphrodite. She was reason why her love life was so messed up, and Calypso loathed her.

She took a deep breath and looked up at the sky. "I want to go home." She said calmly. "Back to Ogygia."

Leo gasped. "No, don't do it, please!" He begged, getting down on his knees. "I'm sorry." He sobbed, then grabbed Calypso baby bump and kissed it twice. "I'm sorry little Leo's."

'Little Leo's' almost made Calypso laugh. Almost.

"And Calypso," Leo looked into her eyes. "I-I just want you to know that I love you. That - that girl charmspoke me, and I just want to tell you that I--"

It was enough for Calypso. She hauled him to his feet and kissed him. Full on the lips. "That was all I needed to hear." She said when they broke apart. "Now, lets give that girl a lesson."

•••

When they went inside Bunker Nine, the girl was waiting for them. Leo had pulled out some bottle corks from his tool belt and stuffed them in his ears so that her charmspeak wouldn't effect him.

"What is she doing here?" The girl demanded. "Get her away!" She screeched, charmspeak rippling through her words.

"He can't hear you." Calypso smirked, intwining her fingers with Leo.

"You." The girl rounded on Calypso. "He doesn't love you anymore! He loves me now, get it right."

"Your charmspeak doesn't work on me." Calypso replied cooly, folding her arms. "You see, I, unlike you, am part titan, so I, unlike you, have certain abilities that can repel your persuasion powers." The girl stomped her foot on the ground so hard, her heel broke.

"That's right." Leo said, pulling the corks out of his ears, and looking Calypso in the eyes. "I swore on the River Styx that I would come back to you, and now I'm going to do that again."

Calypso's eyes widened. "You realise that--"

"I would rather die then stop loving you." Leo smiled. "I swear it on the River Styx that I'll never stop loving Calypso." The Aphrodite girl stormed out of the room, stomping her feet on the ground as she went.

Thunder boomed, and Calypso made up her mind. "I also swear on the River Styx that I will never stop loving Leo." And then she kissed him.

It wasn't awkward or felt sloppy; it felt right, and that was just how Calypso liked it.