Part Nine

Part Nine:

Annabeth's reply was caught in her throat. She stared down in shock at Percy, kneeling there holding the ring and several emotions passed through her.

"As long as we're together." She finally said, and Percy stood up.

"Is that a yes?"

"One thousand times yes." And then she kissed him. It lasted a long time, them just standing there kissing, but eventually Annabeth pulled away. They sat back down and Percy slipped the ring on Annabeth's finger.

"Now what were you going to tell me?" Percy asked, and the sudden nervousness of before returned to Annabeth.

"Look, I understand that you don't remember what happened and that you might hate me for this, but--"

"I would never hate you." Percy said, holding her hand.

"I'm pregnant." She whispered, tears gathering in her eyes. Her vision became blurry and she couldn't see his reaction, but she definitely felt it. His arms snaked around her waist and he kissed her forehead as she cried into his shoulder.

"Shh, shh, don't cry." Percy murmured soothingly. "It's okay, I'm not mad or anything. This is great news!" He smiled, and Annabeth felt relief flood through her like a tidal wave. It was okay. He was okay with it.

And that's all that mattered to her.

•••

"Leo, I need to tell you something." Calypso began, nervously twiddling her thumbs.

"Yeah, sure. One moment." Leo was working on something in Bunker Nine. Even as he looked up, his hands still worked like they had minds of their own.

Calypso took in a deep breath. "I'm pregnant."

Leo's hands stopped moving. He stared at her with a blank expression on his face. "You mean..."

"Yes, Leo." She said patiently. "There's a baby inside my stomach."

"But we--"

"I know." Calypso sighed. "Yet it still happened."

Leo walked up to her and put his hands on her still flat stomach. He bent down and kissed it. "Hello Leo Jr." He whispered.

Calypso giggled. "Stop it." She said. "You're making me feel embarrassed." She hauled him up and kissed him. "It's three of us now." She murmured.

"I like that." Leo smiled.