Part Five

Part Five:

The next morning, Annabeth woke up with a strong desire to puke. She sat up and sprinted in the bathroom, the first thing she saw clearly that morning was the toilet.

She puked her guts out. After about five minutes, Percy came in and pulled her hair back out of her face. Annabeth was extremely grateful for her boyfriend, and as soon as she resurfaced, thanked him.

"We need to go to the infirmary." Percy announced, steering Annabeth towards the door.

"No, I'm fine now." Annabeth protested, praying to her mother that he would believe her. But the gods were not in her favour.

"Nope. Some disease has taken over my girlfriend, and we have to get rid of it."

As much as Annabeth tried, Percy wouldn't listen to her. So he picked her up and ran over to the infirmary, much to the stares of other campers.

"I'm fine!" Annabeth said, trying to pull away from Percy.

"She's not fine." Percy announced to Will Solace.

"I was just feeling a little sick, but I'm okay now." She tried again.

"You mean puking in the toilet for ten minutes is okay?" Percy asked. Annabeth felt her stomach drop as the eyebrows on Will's forehead head raised to his hairline.

"It was just a brief feeling! Nothing to be worried--"

"There might be." Will cut in. "You might have a stomach bug that could affect the other campers. We can't let it spread."

"But--"

"Listen to doctor Solace, Annabeth." Percy said sternly.

Trying not to freak out at the possibility that her secret was about to disappear in a matter of minutes, Annabeth forced herself to go with Will to a smaller room off the main part of the infirmary. Percy had to wait outside while Annabeth was led in, and only then did she feel safe to say her secret, because somehow, she knew thar she wanted to tell Percy somewhere else other than an infirmary full of sick people.

"Look, Will, there's no need." She began. "I already know why I was sick."

Will took in her serious expression, then shook his head. "You can't be serious."

"I am." Annabeth said.

"Have you told Percy yet?"

"No, but I plan to."

"Well, you can't go around keeping secrets forever, you know."

"Exactly."

Will went over to a cupboard and pulled out a glass bottle of potion. It was labelled: 'For Morning Sickness'.

"Take a tablespoon of this before you go to bed every night. It won't make the sick feeling go away, but it will stop the puking."

"Thank you, Will." Annabeth smiled, then walked out of the room.

"Are you okay? Are you dying? Is there something in your stomach that's causing you to--"

"I'm fine, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth said, just as Calypso came in with a worried Leo.

"Are you sure?" He was asking.

"Positive! Honestly, I'm fine now--"
Calypso locked eyes with Annabeth.
'Help.' She mouthed.

"Felt sick, Calypso?" Annabeth asked.

"You too?"

"Yup." Annabeth grinned. "Go see Will. He gave me some stuff to drink."

"Thanks, Annabeth!" Calypso said, sounding relieved.