Part Thirty

Part Thirty:

Three and a half hours later, Hazel gave birth to Samuel Martin Zhang. Already, Samuel (or as everyone called him, Sammy) showed that he wasn't all just 'cute'. He had eyes as gold as a sunset, and tufts of dark brown hair. His skin was dark like Hazel, yet Sammy seemed to like his dad more than his mum.

When Hazel held him for the first time, he was quiet for about ten seconds before he started crying. Will carefully took him out of Hazel's arms and handed him to Frank who stared down at his son with such affection, Sammy went quiet.

"He likes you." Hazel murmured, a smile on her lips.

"I'm so happy right now." Frank whispered, rocking Sammy to a peaceful sleep.

Nico peered over Frank's shoulder at his nephew. He was determined that he would be the best uncle ever, even if in a few months Hazel and Frank would have to leave.

Will Solace smiled at Nico. Nico was always such a gloomy boy, but now that he had opened up a bit, Will was sure that Nico would soon become a great uncle. But little did Will know, the seven and their kids wouldn't be sticking around for too long.

•••

Sammy had to be kept in the infirmary for a day before he was allowed out into the world. He was fed small chunks of ambrosia to help him grow, and at dinner the following evening, when Frank and Hazel had pushed a baby stroller onto the dining pavilion, they were swarmed by a mass of campers.

"Oh my gods he's so adorable!" An Aphrodite girl cooed.

"Look at his eyes! OMG, I've been hit with an arrow of cuteness!" Another shrieked, clutching her heart.

"Can I hold him?"

"Adorable!!"

"Look at his tiny fists, I'll be able to teach him how to throw a proper punch!" Clarisse, surprising, said.

"Quiet!" Chiron yelled, stomping his hoof on the ground. "There'll be time for holding him later, girls. Can you please go back to your tables?"

"Aw," one grumbled. "No fair!"

But they went back anyway.

"I would like to officially welcome Samuel Zhang to Camp Half-Blood!" Chiron cried, and there was a roar of applause to follow.