Part Twelve

Bit of OOC Sally. I hope no one minds...

Part Twelve:

Annabeth took a deep breath. Chiron had allowed her and Percy to visit Percy's mum for the day, and also go to Olympus.

Percy knocked on the door with the hand that wasn't holding Annabeth's. He smiled at her, and then they waited.

When the door opened, Sally Jackson's face appeared. She smiled warmly when she saw the couple standing there.

"Hello Annabeth!" She greeted warmly. "And Percy." She added, after Percy gave her a pleading look. Then she laughed.

"Nice to see you again, Mrs. Jackson." Annabeth replied.

"Call me Sally, dear." Sally replied, hugging her. Then she whispered in her ear, "you're going to be Mrs. Jackson."

Annabeth blushed. She walked inside after Percy had hugged his mother, and then made their way to the small living room of the apartment.

Paul was sitting in a chair reading the newspaper. When they walked in, he smiled and shook Percy's hand, then hugged Annabeth. "It's nice to see you again." He greeted.

Percy and Annabeth seated themselves comfortably on one couch together. Sally sat in another armchair and stared at them expectantly. "It's obvious that you have something to tell us." She smiled. "So fire away!"

Annabeth looked at Percy nervously. She entwined her fingers in his and tried to put on a brave smile. "I'm pregnant."

There was silence for a moment, before congratulations from Paul and squeals of glee from Sally occurred. "Oh my gods!" She shrieked. "This is so exciting!" She leaped to her feet and hugged both Percy and Annabeth. "I'm going to be a grandma!"