Part Twenty

Part Twenty:

Back at Camp Half-Blood, after Percy had been discharged, the seven and Calypso gathered in Bunker Nine.

The group were scattered around on beanbags and cushions, with each couple snuggled underneath one blanket. Leo had disappeared for a minute before bringing back steaming mugs of hot chocolate and cookies.

Even though the rest of the camp had gone to sleep and the moon was out, they were prepared to stay up late chatting.

"Well, what can I say?" Leo announced, sitting down next to Calypso. "Percy scares us with amnesia and then somehow regains his memory. How did you do it, anyway?" He pointed at Annabeth who blushed.

"I told him about all of the adventures we have had together and then gave him some nectar." She explained.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the massive cave door of Bunker Nine. Leo stood up and disappeared to answer it. He came back with none other than Rachel Dare.

"Hey guys!" She exclaimed, giving hugs to everyone. "Sorry I haven't been here the past few days, I've been busy! There's been a huge increase with strange dreams and signs. Oh, and by the way, congratulations! You guys will make great parents!"

"Thanks Rachel." Piper smiled. "Why don't you come and join us?"

Leo handed Rachel a mug of hot chocolate and a cookie. She pulled up a beanbag and a blanket. Even though she was the only single in the room, she didn't seem to care.

"So what are going to talk about besides Percy and Annabeth's ... accident?" Hazel asked.

"Well, Percy and I have already told our godly parents and Percy's parents about my pregnancy." Annabeth started.

"Yes, Leo and I have told Hephaestus as well." Calypso replied.

"We've told our godly parents." Frank cut in.

"And us as well." Jason said. "Including Thalia."

"But then I had a strange dream." Piper shifted in her seat. "Aphrodite told me that our child can't know about the gods. If we told him, then bad things would happen. I think she was implying that someday, our kids are going to be heroes."

"Athena said that too." Annabeth replied thoughtfully. "And that means that we're going to have to move away from Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter. We can't live in New Rome, and there's nothing we can do about it if we want our kids to be safe."

"Why don't we all just stick together?" Hazel suggested. "That way our kids can grow up together."

"No, we need to live separately." Piper said. "Otherwise one of us could let it slip and our kids could be listening."
"Very well." Calypso sighed.

"Hm, that is kind of strange." Rachel told them. "I mean, I've heard of weird things before, but this is just, double weird! The gods telling you guys that you can't tell your kids about them? It's like they're accepting their fate that they're going to fade away!"

"Maybe." Annabeth decided. "But for now I think that we should just wait to see what happens. As soon as are children are born, we move away."

She shifted her hand a bit and the ring on her finger caught the light. Piper gasped.

"Annabeth," she began, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Is there something you're not telling us?"

"What?" Annabeth asked, then looked down at her ring. "Oh." She grinned. "Well Percy and I are getting married!"

Hazel squealed and snuggled up against Frank even further. Piper's smile looked like it was about to pop off her face, Rachel and Calypso were shrieking with glee and all of the boys said 'congrats'.

Then, there was a sudden hiss. Everyone's heads swivelled to look at Rachel who had green smoke pouring out of her mouth and snaking around her legs. The mug of hot chocolate dropped from her hand and smashed against the ground as a voice that sounded like a rasp spoke out of her mouth.

"Five young heroes who combine the power of two,

Shall travel to the darkest pit to finish what their parents didn't do,

The girl with the flames will lead the way,

But go too deep and the quest will be lead astray,

Only when fire and water, the earth and sky meet,

Will the group call their task complete."