Part Thirty-Two:

Part Thirty-Two:

Jason was terrified. Will Solace had just told him that Piper was going into labour, almost one month early, which was bad for her and the baby. When he tried to go see her, Apollo campers had stood guard at the door and glared at him. Jason was worried. What could possibly have happened?

He got his answer five hours later.

"Jason." Will said, sitting next to the son of Jupiter in the chair outside the room Piper was in. Jason had almost dozed off, the infirmary was definitely boring.

"Is she okay?" Was the first thing Jason asked. "What happened to the baby? Are they alive?"

"Piper is fine." Will said calmly. "She got knocked out by Aphrodite who later explained that Piper wouldn't have been able to take the pain."

"But, Piper is so strong."

Will sighed, glaring at the floor. "Yeah, but that's the thing. Michael wasn't the only baby."

"Twins?" Jason asked, shocked.

"Not anymore. The other one didn't make it."

Jason felt his heart get crushed like the ceiling had collapsed on top of him. "Does Piper know?"

"She hasn't woken up yet. But you have to promise me something: you can't tell her that she had twins. Aphrodite warned me that if we tell her, something really bad will happen."

"I promise." Jason said. "What was the gender of the other baby?" Jason asked.

"A girl. Do you want to see Michael?"

"Sure." Will lead Jason into the main part of the infirmary. They entered a curtained off area with a incubator in it. Inside the incubator was a baby.

Michael Grace opened his eyes. They were multi-coloured, like Piper's. Will opened the glass and took him out, then handed Michael to Jason.

"What about the other one?" Jason asked.

"Aphrodite took her. I have no idea what she's going to do with a body. Say, what would you have called her?"

"Jasmine." Jason decided, a tear streaking down his face. "Jasmine Grace."

"Piper's waking up." An Apollo camper rushed up to them, out of breath.
Jason handed Michael back to Will and followed the girl to the room at the back.

•••

Piper woke up in a plain, white room. She was lying on a bed as a heart monitor slowly beeped next to her. There were no windows in the room, and Piper felt trapped. She could see a door on opposite side of the room, but she couldn't move.

Wires were hooked up to her, and Piper could see a tank of what looked like nectar next to her bed. She moved her left hand and placed it on her stomach. Her flat stomach.

And then she screamed.