Part Thirty-Six:

Part Thirty-Six:

Three hours later, Alex was born. She came out first, then Charlie, which gave her the right to be the oldest. A relieved Calypso sat up in bed holding the two bundles as Leo walked in.

"Hi." He said, unsure of what to say.

"Hello." Calypso smiled, handing him Alex. She opened her eyes and stared at him. They were the exact same shade of dark almond as her mother's, and she had tufts of dark brown hair on her head.

Leo passed Alex back and took Charlie. He had his eyes closed, but he still had gingery tufts of hair.

Leo cradled Charlie in his arms, determined to never let his kids feel any harm.

•••

Two weeks later...

Annabeth was nervous. She'd just remembered that she never told her father about the baby and already sent him a wedding invite without telling him she was engaged!

It didn't really matter, but he still deserved to know. Now her phone was vibrating and beeping beside her with his caller ID on the screen. With trembling hands Annabeth picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Annabeth. We need to talk." Frederick Chase said.

"Um yeah, about that--"

"Annabeth, you never told me you were engaged to this 'Perseus'."

"Dad, it's Percy. You remember him, right? When I went missing and he visited you around five years ago."

There was a pause. "I see. Well, since I got the invite I'll be coming, though why did you never tell me?"

"I was busy." Annabeth said, raking her fingers through her hair, nerves taking over. "I only got engaged eight months ago."

"Well you should've come to visit and told me. And also - isn't this a bit rushed?"

"I love him, dad! And something came up, you know, things on this side of the world."

"Oh." He paused. "You mean there was another prophecy?"

"It's more complicated than that. I went to high school with Percy to finish my education and we're planning to go to college next year in New Rome." Guilt stabbed Annabeth in the heart. That was a lie. After the wedding, her, Percy and Zoe would be 'dead'.

"Maybe you could come visit? Anyway, catch you later, I got to go."

"Wait! No! Dad, there's something I need to tell--" The line went dead.

Annabeth put the phone away. She stood up from the bed in the Poseidon cabin - which was quite a task, because of her nine month pregnant stomach - and went outside.

She headed towards the infirmary and headed up to Will. "Can you speed up the birth process?" She asked. "Because I'm sick of being useless."

Will sighed. "Annabeth, I'm sorry but there's nothing we can do."

Just as he said that, Annabeth felt a massive kick from Zoe. She gasped, clutching her stomach.

"Annabeth? Are you okay...?" Will was suddenly concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine..." there was a gush of water and a popping noise. "My water just broke, didn't it?"

"On the plus side, you won't have anymore sitting around to do." Will smirked and Annabeth playfully slapped his arm.