Part Thirty-Four:

Part Thirty-Four:

The wind ruffled Jason's hair but he didn't notice. He didn't care.

Piper had been in a coma for two weeks, nectar being the thing that was keeping her alive. In two weeks, a lot had changed.

Percy and Annabeth had sent out their wedding invites. Calypso had reached her due date a few days ago, but Alex and Charlie were stubbornly making her wait. Hazel and Frank had spoken to their parents about moving to a house in a small town somewhere in Canada, while Jason hadn't slept. He'd been staring at the wall in the Zeus cabin for days, refusing to eat or drink. Piper was in a coma, there was nothing he could do to save her.

"Jason!" Someone shouted, banging on the door. "C'mon man, you've been in there for ages! You need to come out!"

"Percy," Jason sighed, opening the door to face his friend. "What do you want?"

"I came to tell you that Will thinks Piper is awake--" Jason didn't care what he had said after that. He pushed Percy out of the way and took off for the infirmary, heart in his throat.

"Jason! Wait!" Percy tried to yell but Jason didn't hear him.

When he arrived at the infirmary, he started towards Piper's room, just as Will walked out, shaking his head sadly.

"Is she awake?" Jason asked urgently.

"She's awake alright." Will sighed. "Only just. You can go see her if you like, but now I'm going to go check on Michael." He glared at Jason. "You've neglected your son."

"Oh," Jason glanced at the door to Piper's room then to the closed off area where his son was. "Can I take him into the room?"

"Sure." Will shrugged. "Follow me."
•••

Piper was sitting up in bed when Jason entered the room. "Piper!" He cried, rushing up to her, Michael clutched closely to his chest.

"Jason?" Piper said through a yawn. Her eyes settled on Michael. "Can I hold him?" She asked. Jason carefully lowered their son into her arms, and she smiled down at him.

"He came a month early." Jason told her. "And you've been out for two weeks. How do you feel?"

Piper sighed, gently rocking Michael to sleep. "Tired. Drained. But I'm just glad to be with you." Jason leaned down and kissed her on the lips.

"I'm glad to be with you too."