Chapter Nine: Sorting and Separating

Hi, everyone!!!! For those of you who usually skip this section, please read it today. It's important.

First of all, thank you to melodymalone426 and lilypottergreatness for following me, and thank you to lilypottergreatness and potterpercySAN for their wonderful comments and their votes. You really keep me going, guys!!!!! So thank you so much for your support.

I have some sad news, though. As of tomorrow, I will not be updating for some time because I'm going to be traveling and helping a family member who is sick with her kids. I'll probably update a couple of times, but not as much as I have been doing.

If you want me to keep updating while I'm on the trip, please comment before tomorrow morning. I would really appreciate it, because I need to see how many people really, genuinely care about this fanfic besides the few devoted people who have commented and voted. I will keep this fanfic going for them if for no one else.

I will reevaluate once I see how many people want this fanfic to keep going for the next four to five weeks.

I also apologize to anyone who likes Jason. I'm just a little miffed at him because I feel like he usurped Percy and because he was a little too perfect in the book series to keep being so perfect. I love you guys whoever you like from the books!!!

I am definitely open to suggestions, so if you want the fanfic to go in a different direction, comment.

Thanks, and love you all,

Jamie

... And we finish the Sorting Ceremony.

Leo was grinning like crazy, but his stomach was not.

He knew it was growling pretty loudly, because Calypso was glaring at him three seats down the table.

He could see some strange people at this long, antiquated table. There was a little teeny dude who looked about a thousand and a big huge guy who must have been about ten feet tall. And then, of course, there were all those Slytherins down below just waiting to be pranked.

Leo couldn't wait.

The little first years were coming in. Good. That meant Leo would be able to eat soon. Harry had told all of the demigods that they could choose which house, if they really wanted to. Leo wanted Gryffindor. That's where all the partying was!

The first years were Sorted first, of course, from "Abercrombie, Felix" (Hufflepuff) to "Zeller, Linda" (Gryffindor). Leo made faces at all of the weeny things as they waited. A few made faces back.

"Leo," Calypso moaned through her teeth. "Everyone's watching you!"

"Everyone's always watching me, Princess," Leo grinned. "How could they not?"

Then it was the demigods' turn.

"Single file, please," the tall, stern lady barked.

Leo was pretty sure her last name was MacDonald. Maybe she owned the food chain?

The teacher pulled a small scroll of paper out of a pocket in her robes and unrolled it. "Atlas, Calypso!" she called.

Calypso doesn't have a last name, Leo thought. Seeing the pale sheen of sweat that broke out on his girlfriend's face at the mention of her father, Leo wanted to punch the tall, skinny old lady.