Chapter 37: The Halftime Show

Hello, all! Hope you've been tuning in to Potter Watch, and I hope you like this chapter. I wrote it purely because of the amazing Persassy and Sassyvaldez moments that made me crack up at least seven times while writing it.

Enjoy!!!! And for those of you who miss the Camp Half Blood chapters, the next chapter will be partly set there!!!!!

Love you all,

Verity

P.S. Sorry this chapter is a bit short. The  next one is lovely and long.

The first five minutes of the match had been eventless. Harry was used to matches like this one, where one was bored out of their mind. But he was convinced that this "Halftime Show," that Percy had come up with would not be boring.

After Dean had announced the show, Percy flew over to the announcers' podium.

"WELCOME TO THE DEMIGOD DESTROYERS' HALFTIME SHOW!" he yelled.

There was some halfhearted clapping from the stands, and a couple boos from the Slytherin side, but mostly everyone just seemed curious.

"THIS IS A VERY SPECIAL SONG," Leo added (he was next to Percy), "FOR A VERY SPECIAL LADY WITH A NAME DEAR TO MY HEART!"

There were aww's from the crowd, but Harry knew Leo too well to think that this was for Calypso.

"MCDONALD'S LADY!" Leo yelled.

Otherwise known as professor McGonagall, Harry groaned privately.

"IT'S HER BIRTHDAY TODAY," Percy continued, "SO WE'VE COMPOSED HER A BIRTHDAY SONG!"

It's not her birthday, Harry thought. Looking up, he saw McGonagall with her head in her hands. She looked like she was laughing.

"AND," Leo added, "WE'D LIKE TO APOLOGISE TO OUR LOVELY FRIEND REYNA."

Why?

He soon found out. Because Percy and Leo both conjured up guitars and started to play an upbeat song horribly off-key:

"HAPPY HOGWARTS BIRTHDAY," Percy sang.

"MAGIC WIZARD BIRTHDAY!" Leo added.

Then both in unison: "FUN WIZARD HAPPY BIRTHDAY FUN FUN FUN FUN!"

"MAGIC FLAVOR BIRTHDAY CAKE," Percy warbled.

"WIZARD WISHES YOU WILL MAKE!"

Then together: "HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANCE WITH EVERYONE- 2- 3- 4."

At this point, people were clapping and jumping up and down. Personally Harry thought this was a little strange, but some seemed to like it. Luna was revolving slowly with her arms in the air.

"BIRTHDAY MAGIC WAND!" Percy sang.

"PARTY HAPPY BIRTHDAY," Leo yelled.

"WIZARD PARTY SCHOOL," Percy yodelled.

Then together: "MAGIC MAGIC WIZARD PARTY!"

"GRYFFINDOR- PARTY MORE!"

The Gryffindors all cheered.

"HUFFLEPUFF- WIZARD STUFF!"

The Hufflepuffs shrugged.

"RAVENCLAW- HECK NAW!"

"HEY!" The Ravenclaws yelled simultaneously.

"PRETTY SURE THAT'S EVERYBODY-"

There was a lot of protesting from the Slytherins, but Percy and Leo only smiled cheekily and continued. Ron was cracking up.

"HAPPY HOGWARTS BIRTHDAY," Leo trilled.

"WIZARD SCHOOOOL PARTY," Percy howled.

"CHILDREN EATING CAKE INSIDE THEIR MOUUUTHS!" they carolled in unison. Harry wondered exactly where that had come from.

"HOGWARTS LESSON #1:

NEVER NOT BE HAVING FUN!

CHILDREN EATING CAKE INSIDE THEIR MOUTHS!!!!!!!"

As Percy and Leo finally finished their song, the Pitch erupted with laughter. The Demigod Destroyers bowed and smiled, then mounted their brooms and took off again.

The first thing Reyna did once they were back in the air was punch them both.

"What was that?" Harry muttered to Hermione.

She shrugged, her eyes still on Ron, who was now rolling around on the floor, shaking with laughter. "Dunno." And they settled back in to watch the match, Harry hoping that Ron wouldn't die of overexertion from laughing so hard.

NOTE: The song was taken from Potter Puppet Pals: Neville's Birthday episode. If you haven't already watched it, go do it. It's great!!! And hilarious of course.