Chapter 43: Demigod Solutions

Hey, guys!!!! I hope you like my new installment!!! I'm also posing my next chapter of Greensleeve: Child of Fate Book One today. Please check it out!!!! Also, shoutout to LlamaNeedNoDrama, who is an amazing internet friend and a true Potter Watch fan!!! Go follow her.

Thanks, and love you all,

Verity

Number Twelve Grimmauld place seemed to have been transformed into a hotel. Harry was alright with this- after all, how were twelve bedrooms supposed to be occupied by only himself? But at the same time, there was something very odd about seeing Draco walking those halls, showing his name on the Black family tapestry in the hall to Reyna and explaining that she would soon be on it, too. Harry had never thought a Malfoy would enter the house. Neither had he ever thought that Draco could possibly be such a good friend to Harry as he was becoming.

Little Teddy Lupin, whom Harry had taken on for the holidays, was being spoiled rotten by his "mummies" Ginny, Annabeth, Piper, Hermione, Hazel, Calypso, Luna, Meg, and Molly. The girls were all sharing rooms, and Harry, Draco, Leo, Alexos, and Jason all had their own. Leo hadn't wanted to invite Jason, but Jason had wanted to come, and once Piper had pointed out how much easier to prank Jason would be if he was in the same house, Leo was good.

Ron and George were stationed at the Burrow, and the rest of the demigods and wizards went over there every day to do things like impromptu Quidditch matches, shopping trips to Diagon Alley, and huge games of Exploding Snap. They also de-gnomed the garden several times, just for the fun of it.

Then one day, the demigods were confronted with a singular diversion.

"Shoveling snow?" Leo asked with a puzzled look on his face. "How?"

Harry knew Leo was from the south. He probably hadn't ever seen snow in Houston. And when he got to that camp he probably hadn't had to deal with snow, because the weather had been controlled.

The demigods immediately started to try and figure out how to clear the snow from the path.

"Maybe I could look into Katoptris and try to find a solution," Piper offered.

"Nah," Percy said. "Snow is made of water, right? Maybe I could control it."

"We could build an elaborate machine," Annabeth mused. "Something big. Powerful."

"Or," Leo added, "we could get the snow up into the air. Then I would melt it and Percy would make it explode into teeny drops."

Everyone looked at Jason.

"No," he yawned, leaning up against the wall of the Burrow. "I'm too tired."

"Man, this is just like the raking thing!" Leo exclaimed.

"What?" Harry asked. "What was the 'raking thing' about?"

"Chiron wanted us to rake the grass around the strawberry fields," Percy explained. "We could have done it in seconds if Jason had used his wind power. But he wouldn't."

"Hey, you lot!"

They all looked around to see Ginny coming out of the house with shovels. "It's called manual labor," she said, laughing.

"No way!" Jason said angrily. "I'm not doing that."

"Well, maybe you should leave," Piper said cooly.

Jason looked around, scowling. "Maybe I will," he said. "You guys are lame."

And he Disapparated.

Harry still didn't really fancy the idea of shoveling the snow. It looked heavy. "We could use the Hover Charm," he told the group.

"Great idea!" Annabeth exclaimed.

Christmas was tomorrow and none of them could wait.