Chapter 31: Misunderstood

Hey, guys!!!! What's up????

So I hope you like this chapter, because I LOVED writing it. Of course, I love writing almost anything, but... lol this one was SUPER fun. So, who here ships Dreyna/Reyco? Also, which ship name should it be?????

Love you all! This one goes out to potterpercySAN for being awesome!!!!!

Lots of fun reading, I hope!

Verity King

     Reyna walked into Potions feeling apprehensive. She'd grown to expect the strange politeness that came from Draco Malfoy, but that didn't make it any less strange. Even worse was the little flutter in the pit of her stomach that she'd started to feel whenever he was around.

      She kept trying to suppress it- kept trying to make it go away. She'd made herself hoarse by yelling at herself only yesterday. But nothing seemed to work. And now, as she approached the little desk at the back of the room that she and Draco shared, she felt her heart start to pound in her chest and her cheeks to burn. This was way beyond what she'd felt when she was with Alexos. Most of the fascination had originated in the base physicality of enjoying kissing him.

      Draco's silvery hair glinted in the dim light of the dungeon, and his arrogant face, which was cast in half shadow by the lantern, didn't look quite so prideful. He smiled slightly as she approached. "Hello, Reyna."

      Reyna looked down at her feet. "Hey, Draco."

      Glancing up, she saw something flash in his eyes at the sound of his name from Reyna's mouth.

      Reyna slid in next to him, trying not to make physical contact. "What do we have to make today?"

      He shrugged. "Draught of Living Death, I expect."

      Reyna shuddered. "That sounds appetizing."

      Draco shook his head. "At least I'm brilliant at making it. I mastered it in sixth year after Saint Potter did it easily."

      "Why do you hate him so much?" Reyna asked.

      Draco shrugged. "He made all the right decisions; the ones I should have made." He laughed bitterly. "I thought l was preserving my reputation when I chose the Dark Lord. Instead, I wrecked it. Everyone hates me."

      Reyna glared at him. "Don't ever say that!"

      "It's true."

      "No, it's not. I don't hate you. How could I? You are one of the most talented wizards at Hogwarts. If you were a git, you aren't anymore. You're polite and you're nice, to me at least, which proves that people change!"

      Draco looked at her, raw emotion shining in the form of tears in his brilliant grey eyes. "I just... all those people," he whispered. "All those people I could have saved. Harry might still have a godfather if it wasn't for me."

      Reyna was surprised to hear Draco call Harry by his name, but made no comment.

      Draco continued. "My parents... they seem to hate me. And I hate them; I hate them for what they did, for killing people and turning me against people who could have been my best friends if I hadn't been raised as a sadistic Muggle-hating freak!"

      Reyna found herself putting a hand on Draco's arm. "They still can be your friends. It's not too late."

      He shook his head. "It is. I know it is. They'll never accept me."

     "That's what you think." Reyna couldn't believe she was doing this, but she held out her hand. "Truce?"

     He took it, his expression saying he couldn't believe this was happening.

      "And," Reyna added, "my friends and I are meeting in Gryffindor Common Room to try out a potion that Piper invented. Come with me?"

     Draco recoiled. "No."

     "Come on," Reyna asked slyly, "where's your Malfoy sense of adventure?"

      He shook his head. "It's long gone, if I ever had one."

     "There's going to be food," Reyna added.

     He sighed. "Fine. I'll come. But Weasley is going to try and use the Slug-belching hex on me again. And his wand isn't snapped this time."

     Reyna shook her head. "I'll take care of it. No one is going to be aggressive."

     "Class!" Slughorn boomed, causing them both to jump. "We will now commence the brewing of the Draught of Living Death!"

     As Slughorn continued to talk, Reyna stole a glance at Draco, only to see that he was looking back at her. Only a week ago, both would have looked away from each other with expressions of deepest disgust. But now, they continued to look at each other.

     And then, simultaneously, they both smiled.

SOOO WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? THIS IS MY FAVS SHIP EVER!!! DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT AND FOLLOW ME FOR MORE POTTER WATCH!!!!!