*:.:*:.:*Chapter 41: Hope*:.:*:.:*

Hope you lot enjoy this one!!!! It's short but it's good. Who ships Halexos/ Alazel?

Hazel was sitting on the couch nearest the fire in the Gryffindor Common Room with Calypso, reading. Annabeth and Hermione were up in the dorm room practicing spells, and Piper was off somewhere with George. Reyna was in Professor Slughorn's classroom with Draco, telling him about their engagement, and since Calypso was studying hard for a Potions final, Hazel had no one to talk to.

That is, until Alexos came in.

He looked heavily embarrassed and slightly annoyed.

"Hazel," he said, seeing her. "Hello."

"Hey," she said, kicking herself slightly to make sure she wasn't dreaming. He had said hello to her, Hazel! "What's wrong?"

He sighed. "Nothing."

She gave him a skeptical glance. "Sure, nothing's wrong. You always act like a grumpy bear."

He gave Calypso a sideways glance, but since she didn't seem to be listening, his shoulders relaxed a bit.

"I... well, I was going to ask a girl to the Yule Ball," he told Hazel dejectedly. "But I just found out someone else already asked her."

"Oh," Hazel said quietly. She had dared to hope, after he and Reyna broke up... but apparently he'd already moved on. "I'm sorry," she added, feeling quite, quite sorry; not all of her sadness was for him.

He shrugged. "It's alright. Do you have a partner for the ball yet? I could take you."

Her shoulders stiffened. "I am NOT a last-minute resort, PROFESSOR." Her eyes snapped and crackled with hurt indignation.

He held his hands out in front of him. "I'm sorry, Hazel! I just... well, I s'pose since I've been turned down three times now I'd better not ask anyone else." He turned and started to walk away.

"Wait!" Hazel said suddenly. "I'll go."

He turned. "Really?"

She nodded, and the faintest glimmer of a spark seemed to stir in the corners of his eyes. "I look forward to taking you, Miss Levesque," he told her.

Hope.