Chapter Seventeen: Forgotten

Hey, guys!!!!! Thanks for all your wonderful support; I love you all so much!!!!

Today is a special I'm-giving-you-two-chapters-in-one-day day. Appreciate it.

Thanks to PotterpercySAN, mwsmiles, lilypottergreatness, and thedoctorlupin for their comments and support.

I'll get to the story now!!!!

Verity King

P.S. Sorry for sinking this ship

Hazel groaned and squinted into the sunlight as Hermione yanked her draperies open and her bedclothes off. "Hermione! It's six thirty A.M!"

"Sorry," Hermione said briskly and unapologetically, "but it you want to look nice in front of the entire school then you, Annabeth, and Piper need some serious work."

"Brilliant," Hazel grumbled as she swung her legs out of bed. "That's just brilliant. Now my knickers are REALLY in a twist."

Hermione looked slightly amused. "Hazel, you sound like a real Britisher now."

"What? No way!"

But even as the words came from her mouth, Hazel realized that Hermione was right. She had a British accent now, and she used British words- there was no denying it. Now that she came to think of it, all the demigods had been gradually acquiring the accent- except for Percy and Leo. Even Nico had one, which was weird, but she thought it made him sound much better. Annabeth had one, too, though she didn't like any references to the fact.

"I still don't understand why we're getting 'seats of honor' today," Piper said from within her draperies.

Hermione strode over and pulled them away. "Come on, lazy-bones. Time to get ready so you can look nice in front of that boyfriend of yours."

Piper's eyes misted over, and Hermione realized her mistake. "I'm sorry, Piper. I didn't realize things were that bad."

Annabeth's scowling face popped out from her draperies, up from underneath the covers. "He's a total git, so of course things are bad."

There was a pause, during which Piper sniffed.

"By the way," Hazel asked hesitantly, "how bad ARE things between you two?"

Piper rubbed her eyes tiredly. "We're practically not going out anymore. He's flirting with every semi-attractive girl in sight. I kept trying to make things up last week, but he was really angry. Then I threatened to break up with him, and he turned all sweet and kind and I couldn't do it. I don't think I'll ever have the courage to do it, not that it matters, since he cheats on me in my plain sight."

Hazel shook her head sympathetically. But the next question caught her completely off guard.

"How are things between you and Frank?" Hermione queried. "I haven't seen you send a letter to him for two weeks."

Hazel's stomach tightened. Frank... how had she forgotten? She felt sick as she realized she hadn't thought of her boyfriend or missed him for a long time. Here was Piper, crying over a jerk, and here was Hazel, completely forgetting about her caring, kind boyfriend who'd never treated her badly at all. For some reason Professor Tonks had been in her mind lately more than she wanted him to be. "I don't know," she replied finally. "Frank hasn't sent me any letters for a while either."

Which was true, she realized, and suddenly felt a little better. They were both really busy. It was easy to forget about a person miles and miles away across an ocean. Professor Tonks had nothing to do with it. "I'll send him one as soon as I get the chance."