Chapter Ten: Ferret Trouble

A 3060 word chapter

Okay, you guys, you're welcome. 

This chapter is dedicated to potterpercySAN, who has never failed to comment or vote whenever I've asked. potterpercySAN, you've got the prize for most dedicated and supportive follower. Seriously, thank you. You keep me going. Everyone, go follow.

For all the commenters and voters who show you actually care about this fanfic, I love you all, and you're all amazing.Thank you. I do give shoutouts.

I have over a hundred reads. That might not seem like a lot to some people, but I am thrilled. I'm also thrilled to be able to type in the title of this fanfic in the searchbar and see it actually come up. 

Again, thank you guys- all of you who read, vote, comment. 

I know I haven't updated in a while. I've been really busy, but I have managed to write this super-long chapter for you all and I hope you absolutely love it. 

If I'm going to post another chapter, then I'd like to see that people want another one. So I'll post the next one if I get three votes and three comments. 

Come on, guys! It's not that hard. It's just typing a few words and clicking a mouse, and it means a lot to me. 

Don't let the muggles get you down!!!!!

I'll get to the chapter now. 

Thanks, 

Jamie Black

Piper woke up to the sound of Annabeth mumbling in her sleep and Hermione stepping briskly around their new tower room, gathering different things she would need during the school day. Most of them sounded suspiciously like books, but once Piper heard an angry hiss.

"Oh, Crookshanks! Get off. I need this book today!" 

Piper giggled softly and peeked out from under her covers as the hisses continued, accompanied by angry yowls, and a harassed-looking Hermione stomped over to Annabeth's bed.

"Annabeth! Get up and help me. We'll be late to breakfast." 

Breakfast? 

Piper's stomach growled. Shhh, she told it, and continued to watch Hermione tugging at Annabeth's arm. Hazel was doing the same thing Piper was, as Piper discovered when she lifted her sheet a little farther up and saw Hazel's sheet slowly levitating in much the same way. Piper grinned in the direction of her former fellow shipmate. 

Annabeth was still stubbornly refusing to respond to Hermione's repeated tugs and pulls. Finally, Hermione grabbed her tank top and flipped her over. "Annabeth!!"

"Wha- what?" 

"Get up! We need to get ready." 

"Really? That's nice." Annabeth rolled back over. 

Piper knew what would get her up. "Cows," she groaned as she resumed a tolerably convincing 'asleep' pose. "Spiders." 

She stuffed her face into her pillow and braced for impact. Three... two... one...

Sure enough, a punch from the irate daughter of Athena landed squarely on Piper's back.

"Ow!" she yelped, sitting bolt upright. She felt her back gingerly with her fingertips. "Geez, Annabeth. You sent Leo to the hospital wing last night. Don't send me there too."