Chapter Two

( g i n n y )

ALL of us were huddled together in one of the train's compartments. Ron and Hermione sitting across from Harry and I.

Looking at my brother from where I am sitting, a smirk takes over my features as my mind replays the little scene him and Hermione had. If it would have been a simple hug I wouldn't have thought too much about it, but Ron didn't just hug Hermione. He lifted her off the ground and twirled her around. Since when does Ron twirl girls. I've been his sister for fifteen years and not once has he even lifted a finger for me. Hell, Hermione has to be the first girl he's ever paid attention to. Unless if you're counting Madam Rosmerta, the owner of the Three Broomsticks. Ron has always fancied her.

Speaking of the two, they seemed to be in deep conversation about Herbology while Harry was looking intensely out the window, occasionally adjusting his round-shaped glasses. I looked at him longingly. If Harry only knew how much I liked him.

Ever since the first time I met him, I had this huge crush on him. During my first year at Hogwarts, Harry was the one who saved me in the chamber of secrets. His emerald green eyes were the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes. Sometime I imagine what it'd be if he did actually liked me back. And truth be told, I pretty gave up for the most part when he dated Cho Chang all of last year, which kind of isn't fair because I've dated once before. But I can't complain too much. We have gotten pretty close over the last year. No where close to where I would like it to be but hey, you can't be picky. Now I am currently dating Dean Thomas. I don't really know how it happened it just did. He's sweet, but he's no Harry Potter. I sigh, staring up at the ceiling.

A loud cough causes me to lose my focus on the ceiling and glance over to see Ron choking and coughing furiously, grabbing at his neck.

"Are you alright?" Hermione asks, concerned.

"Inhaled," Ron coughs,"a bloody chocolate frog," he goes into a huge coughing fit. I couldn't contain my laughter. Ron shoots me a glare, still choking.

"How does one inhale a chocolate frog? It's about the size of a galleon!" I giggle.

"And it moves," Harry chimes in, who is now laughing at the choking redhead. Ron takes an deep breath and let's a huge, growl of a cough. Out pops out a wet chocolate frog and it lands on the floor. Hermione grimaces as she pulls out a handkerchief from her pocket, retrieving the nasty frog before throwing it out the window.

"Next time try chewing it. You know, that's what teeth are for." I mock.

"Oh shut it, you prat!" He barks at me. I only respond with more laughter.

Hermione rolls her eyes at us, putting the handkerchief back into her pocket. We fall back into a silence before I decide I wasn't done picking on Ron.

"So, what was that?" I smile, looking directly at my brother.

He raises his brows. "What was what?"

I smirk. "Since when do you pick up girls and fling them around."

Ron ears turn bright red and Hermione's cheek flush. Mission accomplished.

"I didn't fling her around, it was a graceful twirl," He fires back, squirming slightly under my stare. "Plus I twirl girls all the time!" He adds, probably without thinking.

Hermione shoots him a surprised look. "You do?" She asks.

More squirming. "I, um..."

"Yeah, when did this happen? I don't remember this." I chime in. Pretty sure I am making it worse but I'm on a roll.

Ron looks at Hermione then back at me, both of us staring him down. He swallows hard before responding. "It was during a game last year, you weren't on the team then, so of course you don't remember. We had one against Slytherin and we won. Katie Bell sort of came at me, you know? And in the mix of the excitement I grabbed her and twirled her around. Just like I did with 'Mione."

"Oh," Was all that came out of Hermione. Ron looked away toward the window, regret written all over his face.

Yeah, I probably wouldn't have mentioned that either. If it was even true.

We fall back into silence when Ron suddenly snorts.

"But enough about me...Ginny how's Dean?" Ron coos, smirking. I narrow my eyes, knowing where he's getting at. Harry, now suddenly interested in life, perks up and looks at me. Shit. I'm going to kill Ron. I haven't told Harry that I was dating. Not that it matters if he knows.

"What do you mean?" I ask, calmly.

He'd better not.

"Don't act so innocent. We all know that you and Dean Thomas are dating!" Ron uses his foot to gently kick my shin. He did it. He is so getting hexed when we get of this train. Hermione gasps.

Crap. I inwardly facepalm. I forgot I didn't tell her, either.

"Ginny!" She beams,"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because it wasn't a big deal," I say, purposely avoiding Harry's stare. We were just holding hands not a moment ago. I can understand his confusion.

"Nonsense! Tell me everything!" She jumps in her seat. Since when does she get so excited about relationships?

"Please Hermione. Can't it wait till we get to Hogwarts?" I beg. She nods excitedly. Right on time, we see the familiar castle come into view.

"Oi! I need to change into my robes! Harry, Ginny! You best be doing the same," She orders before she leaves the compartment.

"Some things just don't change with her," Ron mutters. I, too, get up leave the compartment.

"So what's with you, Harry?" Ron starts.

"I need some air," Harry announces suddenly, leaving the compartment as well.

Chapter two is done and finished. Thoroughly having fun rewriting this beloved book of mine. And I'm glad you guys are eager to reread this book! Thank you for all the support!

Until next time!

~Sarah