Chapter Seventeen

||LAVENDER||

KING'S Cross station was packed with eager students awaiting the arrival of the Hogwarts Express. Some were glad to be going back while others were solemn that the holiday break ended much too soon. I, for one, was happy to be going back to school. Home was no more than a building for me to stay in while I wasn't away at school. Hogwarts was the only thing I looked forward to these days, that and my dear Won-Won.

I sat there on one of the benches, wrapped up in a thick coat and scarf as I tried my best to keep warm in this brittle weather. It was only the first week of January and it seems like winter grew more fierce as it went on. At least the snow died almost completely down.

Glancing down at my watch, I quickly check the time. Won-Won should be here by now but he was always known so being late. It didn't bother me all that much, really. I was just happy that I get to see him again. It's been whole entire month with him and, despite the fact that I only received one letter from him, I missed him like crazy.

Before the night we were set to leave for the holidays, Ron reminded me once again that Hermione would be spending Christmas with his family...again. Even after Ron explained to me that the only reason she was even spending it with them was because her parents were going to Indonesia, it still didn't make sense to me. Hermione didn't have any other relative that she could have spend the holiday break with. Besides, that girl is seventeen years old. She isn't capable of spending a few days all by herself. I'm sure the brightest witch of her age can handle a week or two of being alone. Just thinking about makes me irritated all over again. I began to nervously chewed on her bottom lip. I just couldn't shake the feeling that something might have happened over the holidays. Ron maybe be stupid, extremely naive and just downright, well, idiotic but Ron wouldn't cheat on me, right? He's not that cruel of a person.

Because I'm in love with her!

Her meaning Hermione. Ron had shouted that in my face during one of our fights and his words still ring loud inside my head. I shudder but not from the cold. I knew Ron supposedly was in love with Hermione but how in love could he be. They have known each other since he was eleven, according to him, and everyone else, and regardless of the fact that Harry was always with them, there was always a connection. I absolutely hate to admit it but even I couldn't ignore the deep level of chemistry that flowed between the two. I truly noticed during my second year at Hogwarts when Hermione had gotten petrified. As horrible as it sounds, I was sort of "happy" that Hermione was petrified.

Okay, that sounds bad.

What I mean to say was... I was thrilled to know that Hermione was no longer in the way of me spending time with the one I admires the most. I had figured since Hermione would be spending a long time at the hospital, Ron and I could finally get to know each other. Alone. But I was wrong. When he wasn't with Harry, which was rarely, he was in the hospital wing. Always bringing her fresh flowers and he would sometimes even eat in his lunch beside her hospital bed. Every single night Ron would sneak past curfew and visit her in the wing. How did I know? Because I followed him. I would watched him. He would sit there in a chair beside her and talk to her. Mostly about his day or how he promised to fix her. It'd be hours before he would return.

I never gave up, though. Even over the years of seeing them grow more and more closer. I held my ground and kept on hoping. I made my move and he chose me over her. That has to mean something. He may say he is in love with her but he's still with me. Ron had his chance to breakup with me plenty of times but he didn't. That counts for something, right? He's all mine.

But for some unknown reason I can't seem shake the feeling that he never really was.

The big clock that stood in the middle of the platform station struck eleven o'clock and I beamed.