Chapter Fifteen

||HARRY||

THE bright light of the sun peaked through the curtains, perfectly landing on my eyes instantly waking me up. With my eyes still closed I yawn, trying to wake myself up. Slowly, pushing the thick covers off of me I prop myself up into a sitting position.

"Merry Christmas Ron," I mutter before letting another yawn. He doesn't respond though, which means he is still asleep.

I reach for my glasses on the bedside table and slip them on. I look at the clock beside me to see what time it is. 6:30. The Weasley household is probably still asleep and Molly doesn't start cooking breakfast until eight o'clock. My ears perk up, noticing that the room is oddly quiet and none of Ron's obnoxious snores is to be heard. Looking over to the other side of the room, I realize that Ron's bed is empty.

Weird.

Ron is never up before me. Maybe he went into the girls room. I swing my legs over the edge of the bed, slip on a black pair of slippers that were perched on the floor beside my bed, reach over to grab my robe and walk out the door. Once I have reached the door to the girls' room, I lightly knock against the wood. Nothing. I knock again. Still nothing. Slowly pushing the door open, I peak my head it and surprised when I find out that their room is empty as well.

Alright that's weird. I walk away from the door and head down the many steps that lead down to the bottom floor.

Walking into the living room, I see the giant Christmas tree that Fred and George insisted on having. The top of the tree reached all the way to the ceiling. Molly, Ginny, and Hermione were the ones that decorated it. Ron and I started to help but then quickly became distracted once we started to make some of the ornaments do ballet with a dancing spell Fred taught us a while back. It didn't take long for the girls to kick us out, claiming we were "bothering" them. Yeah right. They just didn't want us to help them to begin with.

I make my into the kitchen to find Ginny leaning again the counter as she gazed out the front window, holding a steaming cup of tea. She was wrapped in a grey robe and wearing white, fuzzy slippers. I smile. I walk up behind her, wrapping my arms around her waist.

"Good mor-"

"Shhh!" Ginny interrupts me. I roll my eyes at her.

"What exactly are we looking at?" I whisper. She doesn't reply. Instead Ginny lifts a finger and points to a certain spot on the porch. A wide grin spreads a cross my face when I finally see what she is looking at. Ron and Hermione were both nestled up in a big white blanket on the bench, sleeping. Hermione rested her head on Ron's chest while his arms were wrapped around her. It's about bloody time.

"It's about bloody time," Ginny echos my thoughts, relaxing herself into me. I hug her tighter.

I rest my chin on the top of her head. "How long have they been out there?"

"All night, I think. I woke up around two thirty and noticed that Hermione's wasn't in her bed. Went to see if she was in the kitchen and spotted them through the window. There were both drinking tea. I was going to join the, myself, when I heard Ron say that he loved her. I was thrilled but I decided to give them their space. Plus they began to snog, and I wasn't having that, so I went back to bed. When I woke up this morning they were still out there," Ginny answers, sighing to herself.

So...Ron had finally did it. He finally mucked up enough courage to tell Hermione how he truly felt. I couldn't help but chuckle. It only took him six years, after all. I am so happy for him, but how would things be for us? Would it be different now that they are a couple? I always knew in my heart that those two would end up together. The chemistry between them was visibly undeniable. I have always rooted for them. We all have. But would we still be a trio? Or would it be Ron and Hermione plus Harry?

I sigh.

"They're not going to leave you out. You're their best friend and their together because of you. Besides...now you have me," Ginny says, proving that she can read my thoughts.

I kiss the top of her head. "Gin?"

"Hm?"

"There's something I've been meaning to tell you," I take in a deep breath. You got this Harry. If Ron can do it then so can you. I open my mouth, ready.

"I love you!" Ginny blurts, turning around to face me and kisses my lips. After a moment I pull back smiling.

"Hey, I was going to tell you that first," I pout, teasingly.

Ginny playfully shakes her head. "Not a chance Potter!" She giggles before planting her lips gently against mine. I wrap my arms around her, pushing her against the counter.

||RON||

The cold got the better of me and, when a strong gush of wind blew over us, I woke up freezing. I tried to stretch myself out but soon found it hard to move as there was some sort of weight on top of me. Blinking back the sleepiness in from my eyes, I looked down to see a sleeping Hermione nestled peacefully on my chest. A smile spreads on my lips as I recall last night. I had finally told Hermione how I felt, that I was crazy in love with her. And she felt the exact same way.

Another gush of wind wrapped around us and I shivered, teeth chatting.

I think it would be a good time for us to go back inside now. Slowly, I weaved myself out of the hold Hermione had on me, successfully not waking her up other than a slight stir. I bend over and, effortlessly, scoop up Hermione and the blanket before carrying inside. Once I shut the door with my feet, I turn around to be faced with a smirking Harry and Ginny.

Swallowing, I glanced down at the sleeping angel in my arms before averting my eyes back to them, wondering how I could possibly explain this situation.

"Um..." I trail off, struggling to find the right words.

Harry just walks over, patting my shoulder, saying, "About bloody damn time." Before walking off.

Ginny, however, walks over and smacks me in the back of the head.

"Ow!" I hiss at myself for being loud, quickly looking down at Hermione. She only rubs her nose before nestling herself deeper into my arms.

"If you would have listened to me a long time ago it wouldn't have taken you six years." Ginny scolded. Then, she does the unexpected. She walks over and plants a light kiss on my cheek. "I'm happy for you two."

With that, she walks out of the kitchen. Seconds later I hear footsteps up the stairs. I smile before walking out of the kitchen and place Hermione on the couch. I turn to leave but a hand reaches out and latches itself onto my wrist. Turning around, I see Hermione grip my wrist as she slowly drags me down beside. A chuckle escapes me as I climb on the couch, covering us both with the blanket.

I sighed, completely content.

Yes. I thought. It is about bloody damn time.

Scribbles! Is it bad to say this is my favorite chapter to write? But in all honestly, I am having super fun time rewriting this book

Scribbles! Is it bad to say this is my favorite chapter to write? But in all honestly, I am having super fun time rewriting this book. Expect a few more chapters tomorrow.

I want to thank you all for being so patient while I was severely lacking internet for a while, you guys are the best! Love you way too much.

Until next time!

~Sarah